And that was the moment when all the strings in Rosé broke. She knocked with both palms on the table, which caused a shaking in the glasses and cups. Angrily, she pushed back her chair and stood up. "Watch your mouth...why can't you just believe me sis?"

This "sis" was anything but sweetly meant.

"Because I don't want to see you in misery again when that girl breaks your heart again!" Alice also stood up with her face at the same level as Roseanne. "And I'm telling you, if that- if she comes here, I'm gone"

"Then go ahead and pack your purse" Rosé said with raised eyebrows, leaving Alice standing there speechless.

Without finishing her apricot yogurt, Alice turned away from the table and stomped up the stairs. The only thing that could be heard then was a door being slammed.

With a sigh, the daughter who had stayed downstairs dropped back into her chair and pushed her way back to the table. She placed her one elbow on the table to rest her throbbing head in her hand.

"Rosie..."

"You know, it upsets me so much. She doesn't even give Lisa a chance, even though she didn't do anything wrong"

"Rosé..." the mother tried to catch her daughter's eye again. This time it worked. The blonde's desperate but angry eyes fell on her mother's face.

"Do you want to tell me what happened....and the whole story, so that I can understand everything?" the mother asked, putting one hand on Rosé's other hand, which was lying flat on the table.

Rosé clenched her jaw and hesitated briefly, but she knew that if she wanted to meet her mother's understanding and support, she would have to tell her everything. She broke eye contact and stared at the table as she spoke from her memories. "As you know, Lisa and I broke up badly and heartbreakingly a year ago. I cried and cried and then they even said she moved to Busan. But that was not true. I met her again at the party I was at. We had a fight there too. I never thought I would see her again and even then she wanted to tell me that she hadn't cheated on me...I didn't believe her and said bad things to her. But from then on I could not get her out of my head. One night she even came here and wanted to talk to me...I was alone at home. I gave in and talked to her but still didn't believe a word she said. I closed the door in front of her. Then we met again at the information day of the Seoul highschools. And at the town festival. There we had a little moment on the dance floor and again a conversation. That's when she told me she missed me....at that point I wasn't even mad at her anymore...I was just confused. I told her then that we should both try to live our lives and forget the other. And then, the day came when everything changed. Misses Shin sent me to Lisa's highschool after school to drop off documents. When I did that, I met 2 of Lisa's classmates who admitted to have made up all that nonsense about Lisa cheating on me because they were angry that Lisa rejected them because she was in a relationship with me. A happy relationship. I ran straight to Lisa after that...without pause. I told her what happened and apologized....and then we kissed and I spent the night at her place. But deep inside me, I knew for a long time that I still loved Lisa..."

Only now did Rosé make eye contact with her mother again, who was still holding her hand. "If this is the truth Rosé...and you are happy, I accept this relationship....and Lisa. I want you to be happy Rosé. And if this is with Lisa, don't let anything stop you...I will try to talk to your sister"

Rosé nodded before hugging her mother and thanking her. For all that.

-------
As she said, Alice left the house 20 minutes ago. She definitely didn't want to be in the same four walls as this Lisa.

And then, the doorbell rang.

"Heyy" Rosé said with a smile as she opened the door for the light brown haired girl. "Come in"