Chapter 1 - The Fire

The weather was rainy when Koza woke up, when he woke up he smelt the fresh smell of rain and grass. "I guess I should stay home today.. if the weather gets better ill visit Carl's café. " He got out of bed and picked up his straw hat from the nightstand. After he left his room he went into his kitchen and started creating a small breakfast. he had toast and MooMoo milk with a slice of berry pie. Koza ate quickly then put away his dishes and stored the utensils and plate away. After cleaning up, he checked outside and it was still raining but the sun was peaking through the clouds. it was a light drizzle so Koza decided to open his windows. he enjoyed the  the breeze from the storm and the smell of the fresh rain. The rain started to stop over time and he decided to head back into town.

on his journey into town he felt that something was off. as he got closer to the town the feeling kept getting stronger and stronger then he noticed, there was a big black cloud of smoke over the sky of the town. there was a orange glow at the base of the plume. "THE TOWNS ON FIRE!" he started sprinting into town, as he ran further and further into town he saw many Pokémon evacuating. he felt the air get thicker and struggled to breathe, he suddenly felt a giant paw on his shoulder shoving him away. it was a Blastoise who was from the towns guild. "Stand back!" the guild member said as he used hydro pump as an attempt to stop the fire. he looked back and said "the guild fire brigade will handle this. evacuate now!" Koza looked back behind him and saw many water types from the guild starting to use water type moves on the raging inferno. he was still very worried for his close friend carl who he couldn't see anywhere. "CARL!! WHERE ARE YOU!" he yelled out roaming the flame ridden streets. he looked to his right and saw rubble move and saw Carl's glowing white rings. he rushed over to help him get out, there was a big beam of wood on top of Carl's back and he was unconscious. Koza struggled to pick up the beam and kept trying and trying. he used metal claw and broke the beam in half and picked up the hurt umbreon. 

with the umbreon on his back he tried to find help, but the fires were still going on strong. "shit hasnt the fire brigade done anything??" he thought to him self trying to navigte through the streets with all the smoke. all he could see is a faint orange glow and his own feet. he finally made it back to where he first met the fire brigade and the guild members were struggling. he saw a greninja who seemed to be in charge of the fire brigade. "hey whats going on with the fire???" he  was fuming cause there incompetence got his only friend injured. the greninja looked very stressed and was giving out orders to his guildmates. "you should get out of here, its not safe in the city! this is more then just a large fire.. whatever we do it just wont fix anything!"  Koza was stunned, he listen to the greninja and started to evacuate the area with carl on his back. he walked up the hill back to his farm and got him inside his house and put him on the couch to rest. Koza got a first aid kit from his storage room and started trying to help Carls wounds. he turned him over so he could see his back and there were a couple scratches, he got some hyper potions and sprayed it on the cuts. after the spray koza got a bandage to wrap around his torso.

a bit later in the day carl woke up when Koza was tending to his fields. "where am i? ugh my back hurts." he got up from the couch and looked around the house. carl then found Koza out through the window tending to his fields, he then opened the window to speak to Koza. "hey Koza where are we?" Koza looked towards his house after hearing carls voice from the window. he walked over to the window "are you okay carl? hows your back you should really go back to bed" he said concerned for his friend. carl was confused on what happened "what happened? and howd i endup at your place?" carl had a curious look on his face. "well you see the city got caught on fire and i was on my way to visit you, and when i got to your cafe you were stuck under a beam from your cafe. it was a horrible fire." the lucario looked at his friend and said "im just glad your with me now so i can take care of you" carl was taken back from what Koza said and blushed a little. "w-well thank you for hospatility Koza and thank you for keeping me safe" the umbreon started to walk back to the couch to get some rest.

------------------------------------------------------------

im sorry for the long wait but i plan to upload more consistently from now on next chapter or the one after it may be a 🍋🍋 so be warned (i will make sure that if you skip the lemon chapter you wont miss anything in the story)

-BroKen_DanK