Chapter 17: A Helping Hand

Start from the beginning

Kurenai nodded. "That is a pretty good idea Shino. Glad you thought of it." Shino nodded at the praise. She looked at everyone. "Let's go with that plan. Every evening starting tonight, Naruto and Hinata or Shino will go to the bridge and lay down the trap. Make sure it is well hidden. Shino or Hinata will be on lookout. If the attack doesn't happen the next day, Naruto will recycle the trap to the newest section of the bridge in preparation for the next day." explained Kurenai.

"Since that part is over and done with, no we need to discuss a strategy to deal with Zabuza and his goons when the attacks do happen. My plan is quite simple but is open to suggestion. Me and Naruto will directly confront Zabuza. Since Zabuza is a Kenjutsu user, Naruto can confront him easily but it is best not to underestimate him. I will provide enough distractions or potential one-hit-kill attacks when a hole in his defense appears. Any question so far?" asked Kakashi while eyeing everyone in the group. He saw that Sasuke wanted to say something so he nodded towards him.

"Why is the dobe going with you? I should be the one to confront Zabuza." said Sasuke with a scowl on his face.

Kakashi just shook his head at the absurdity of the thought. "Simple really Sasuke, you don't have background nor experience in Kenjutsu. Naruto here has trained with some of my friends in ANBU regarding his sword style so I would say that he is pretty good with it if he can handle two of them at the same time. Another is you don't have the Sharingan yet so you will not be able to help much except for throwing your fire techniques everywhere." Sasuke fumed at the insult but he just kept quiet.

"Ok, let me continue. Kurenai, Sasuke, and Hinata will take care of any other party that Zabuza brings with him. Kurenai will provide long range support through her illusions and incapacitate the opponents, Sasuke will rotate between mid-range Ninjutsu or short-range Taijutsu depending on the situation, and Hinata will provide scouting using her Byakugan or additional short-range Taijutsu attacks with Sasuke. You think that you two can handle that?" asked Kakashi while eyeing a grinning Sasuke and a shy Hinata who both nodded in affirmative.

"Good, next, Sakura and Shino will protect Tazuna while on the bridge. Shino will be able to utilize his bugs for attack, defense, and reconnaissance. Sakura will provide short-range support. She can use her illusions to trap incoming opponents for a short while before Shino can take care of it. Well, that's what I got so far. Any other suggestions?" finished Kakashi.

"Kakashi-sensei, if we do trigger the trap tags I placed on the bridge, I want everyone to huddle up to me so I can activate my barrier to protect everyone. Trust me, when I say it is needed." suggested Naruto.

"Why is that?" asked Shino with a raised eyebrow.

"Simple, I designed that trap seal to make sure that there are no holes in the projectile trajectory. When I say perfect 360 degrees attack then you are looking at kunais or shurikens traveling at insane speed in EVERY direction. There are no holes except under the tag of course." He added the last part with a cheeky grin.

"That is understandable. I want you to demonstrate to the group how this trap tag of yours work so we will know what to look out for when it is activated." instructed Kakashi.

"We can also use Tazuna as a rendezvous point when it is time to activate Naruto's tags. This way, we can protect everyone at the time." quipped Sakura.

Kakashi nodded. "Good idea Sakura. Glad you thought of that." Sakura blushed at the praise.

Before anyone could say anything, Inari walked into the kitchen and glared at everyone.

"Why are you all trying so hard? Don't you see that Gato is invincible? You're all going to die if you fight him." shouted the livid boy.

"We are ninja kid. We can handle a two-bit thug like Gato easily." boasted Kiba and Akamaru barked to support Kiba's claim.