Chapter 6: Proving My Skills

Naruto took a break from his Taijutsu training upon seeing the Hokage enter the Namikaze-Uzumaki compound. What made him pause, however, was the serious look on his face that always spelled trouble which always seems to include him for some reason.

"Hey jiji. Nice of you to visit. What can I do for you?" greeted Naruto in a cheerful voice.

"Good morning Naruto. Training hard I see?" replied the Hokage, still serious.

Naruto scratched his head in embarrassment and gave the old man a goofy grin. "Yeah. Kyuubi is a slave driver. He doesn't want me to slack off in my training and want me to master Fox Fist style as soon as possible. He said that it would serve me well in the future."

"Indeed. Having a solid grasp on a Taijutsu style is basic in the Shinobi arts." He paused a bit, seeming to ponder his next words carefully. "Naruto, I came with some news though none of them are good at the moment so maybe we can go inside your house so we can talk?"

Naruto immediately picked up the seriousness of the matter so he nodded and guided the old man to the kitchen. When the old man sat down, he hastily prepared tea for his guest. He sat down after pouring both of them a cup.

"Now what do you want to talk about old man?" asked Naruto.

The Hokage didn't say anything but reached inside his robe and pulled out a small black book. He turned a few pages and handed it to Naruto. He picked it up and read what the page says.

Name: Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto

Affiliation: Civilian, Konohagakure no Sato

Rank: A

Age: 9

Bloodline: Kamigan (God's Eye)

Abilities: The target is able to command the elements to attack and defend. Taijutsu-Unknown, Ninjutsu-Unknown, Genjutsu-Unknown.

Warning: DO NOT underestimate despite his age. Reported to be dangerous according to sources. Ability is able to destroy large numbers in a matter of seconds.

Bounty: 10,000,000 ryo

Status: Alive – Kill or Apprehend on sight

Naruto was shocked. He was in a book and it looks like he is a wanted criminal. This shook him to the very core. What is the meaning of this?

He looked at the Hokage's somber face. "What is this jiji?" His voice shook as he voiced out his question. The Hokage sighed.

"That Naruto-kun is a Bingo Book from Iwagakure."

"What is a Bingo Book?"

"A Bingo Book is like a wanted poster for all shinobis with a bounty on their heads. It seems that Iwa got word of your inheritance, how, I don't know. I would guess that someone from the council released your information outside the village. Iwa got word of it and immediately placed you in their Bingo Book with a large reward. Still a child but already an A-Rank nin." He chuckled over the last part.

"But why? I didn't do anything to them? Why would they add me in the Bingo Book and to be killed for Kami's sake." whined Naruto.

"Naruto, you need to understand that Iwa harbors a major hatred against your father, and in this case, your family. In the Third Great Shinobi War, your father decimated hundreds of Iwa shinobis with his Hiraishin. The Namikaze name is greatly feared in Iwa and it seems that this fear and hatred have carried on to you." The Hokage explained in a serious tone. Naruto sighed.

"I guess there is nothing we can do about this. I mean there is no way we can just send a word to their Kage and tell them to remove me from their Bingo Book." said Naruto in a dejected voice.