• 9: Dragonspine Expedition Part 3 •

The whole group spent their time eating breakfast. Albedo and Sucrose decided to forget what was happening previously. Maybe only Paimon will remember, but she decided to shut her mouth.

During their breakfast time, Albedo explained what was happening when he and Sucrose are both investigating the suspicious hilichurl camp. He showed the group one of the samples of the crystal marrow.

"This crystal marrow was made in Dragonspine. All of the ingredients can be found in Dragonspine," Albedo explained. "But here's the catch. The source of energy in this crystal marrow, the dark energy surrounding it, only probably The Abyss would know."

The group glanced at one another.

"Fatui??? Fatui and The Abyss are collaborating?" Aether stared at the two alchemists in shock. He got sister flashbacks.

"Sucrose, how many explosive potions did you make?" Albedo asked Sucrose.

"I made 5 explosive potions, Albedo. 2 are used, so now only 3 potions left," Sucrose answered as she opened her bag. "Yup, 3 potions left. But don't worry, I'll make more."

"Great, we need to save 2 potions to break the last two crystal marrows. Finish our breakfast quick and tidy up your tents, we're going to Starglow Cavern." Albedo got up, finished his breakfast. "Put out the fire."

Aether nodded. He used his Anemo powers to put out the fire. The group then tidied up their things and left without a trace.

❅ꕥʚϊɞꕥ❅

All of them went to Starglow Cavern. Aether's body is shivering.

"Is it sheer cold?" Paimon whispered. Aether nodded. He then saw a fire torch. He immediately ran to the fire torch and stand near there.

"Aether, what are you doing?" Albedo asked, confused.

"I'm cold!" Aether honestly answered. "Should've eaten a Goulash to deplete the sheer cold..."

"Huh, that's weird. I only wore a tank top, Fischl wore a fishnet dress, but Aether looks like he had hyphotermia," Bennett said.

"You all NPCs. You don't have sheer cold," Aether complained. "N-nevermind, forget what I said."

Bennett, Fischl, Albedo, and Sucrose glanced at each other in confusion. Paimon, the only one who knows, facepalmed. "They wouldn't understand, Aether..."

❅ꕥʚϊɞꕥ❅

All 6 of them then arrived at the cave the enterance to Starglow Cavern. Albedo opened the map.

"Another point is not too far away from here."

"Fatui!" Oz shouted at the group of Fatui Skirmishers not too far away from them. That's the point Albedo meant.

"Shit...," Albedo muttered.

"What do we do?! They're protecting the cystal marrow!" Sucrose panicked.

"The blood and courage of Immernachtreich are swirling through my veins!" Fischl got up from her surrounding, charging her bow with Electro. "I, Fischl, the Prinzessin der Verurteilung, will unleash the power of this fulgurous thunderbold to eliminate these hostile foe!"

"Fischl! That's dangerous!" Paimon anxiously warned Fischl.

Too late. Fischl already unleashed her arrow, hitting a Fatui Skirmisher in the head.