~Chapter 7~

⚠Trigger warning: In this chapter, I will add breif discriptions of blood/gore. (Not too much btw.) Please be aware of this, and I apologise in advance. Thank you.⚠

Akari and Zenitsu leap down into the alley. In front of Tanjiro and Inoksue, who both had swords drawn, stood a woman in baggy black clothing with short black hair. Her skin was deathly pale, and her eyes glowed white. Akari looks closer and sees that the woman has a "LOWER RANK 6" engraved on her right eye. A Twelve Kizuki!! Thought Akari.

The woman laughed. "Oh wow, there's more of you! How lucky for me!! Now I can have a feast tonight!!" She spread her arms. "Your souls will be DEVOURED by the hands of me, Kuragari!!"

Tanjiro went into a fighting stance. "Okay guys, we're gonna lure her out into the open. It's not safe to be in closed quarters like this. Inoskue, Akari, get the civilians to safety. I-"

"I'M NOT TAKING ORDERS FROM YOU, TANGERINEO!!" Yelled Inoskue. "GET OUT OF MY WAY, LORD INOSKUE'S COMIN THROUGH!!" he screamed just as Tanjiro yelled, "Inoskue, NO!"

Kuragari grinned and snapped her fingers. Suddenly, the whole world was engulfed in darkness, more than the darkest night. Akari gasped sharply. She slowly felt her way toward the alley wall and pressed her back against it. Her legs buckle under the weight of the pure blackness surrounding her. "G-guys?" she stammers, attempting to get up. "T-Tanjiro? I-Inoskue? Z-Zenitsu?"

Suddenly, she heard Tanjiro yell, "Water breathing, first form!! Water surface slash!!"

Akari ran toward the sound of his voice. She starts to make her way slowly through the suffocating blackness. She can faintly make out Tanjiro getting beat up by Kuragari.

Anger shot through Akari. She launched forward. "ᗯᗩTEᖇ ᗷᖇEᗩTᕼIᑎG, ᖴOᑌᖇTᕼ ᖴOᖇᗰ! STᖇIKIᑎG TIᗪE!!" She swung her sword. Kuragari's blood splattered as Akari's blow took off one of her arms.

The darkness temporaraly lifted. Akari quickly ran to Tanjiro to help him get up, then looked around franticly and saw Zenitsu clinging to Inoskue while Inoskue was attempting to kick him away. Jesus Christ, Zenitsu, get ahold of yourself, Akari thought as she ran forward and yanked Zenitsu off of Inoskue's legs.

Tanjiro ran to catch up with them. Everyone started talking at once, but before they could form a plan, the darkness returned. Akari pointed to the sky. Or, at least she thought it was the sky. It was too dark to tell. "Look!! The demon!!"

Kuragari smiled, revealing her glowing white teeth. "𝓑𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓓𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷 𝓐𝓻𝓽: 𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽," she said. Suddenly, a black beam shot toward them, yeeting them in all different directions.

Akari stood up. Wait, if Zenitsu has good hearing and Tanjiro has good smell, they should be able to find me pretty quickly! She thought. She started to clap her hands. "Zenitsu, I know you can hear me! Come on!!"

Suddenly, as if summoned, Zenitsu ran forward, tears streaming from his eyes.

"AKARI-CHAN PROTECT ME!! I'M SO SCARED! I HATE THE DARK!! PLEASE HELP MEEE!!" Zenitsu yelled while clinging to Akari's legs.

Akari kicked him away and pulled him up. She stared at him. "Hey, calm down. What matters is that we're together. Hold my hand and don't let go, okay? I'm scared too. But we have to stay strong, alright? We're not gonna get seperated this time."

Zenitsu wiped his face with his sleeve. "O-Okay. I-I'm sorry I got s-so scared."

Akari smiled softly. "It's alright, don't apologise. Remember what I said earlier. You're human. Humans get scared sometimes. Now, help me look for Tanjiro and Inoskue. Call their names."