~Chapter 1~

Ahh, the sun is so pretty when it's rising, thought Akari Soto. And the view from this tree is spectacular. She took a bite out of her onigiri.

Suddenly a yell interupted her thoughts. "What the hell was that?!" she said aloud. She jumped down from her perch on the tree and ran toward the sound. 

The sun rose in the horison as Akari continued running. Soon she reached a clearing and stopped short. She saw a demon with 4 arms pinning a boy about her age to a tree. The boy had messy red hair and hanafuda earrings. He looked familiar, but she could not put a pin on him.

Akari crawled around to the back of the demon and slowly inched foward. She lunged forward and sliced all the arms off of the the demon, releasing the boy.

Akari stared the demon in the eyes. "I'm going to cut your head off now," she said calmly.

The demon snarled as his arms regenerated. "Are you now? I'd like to see you try, pretty girl." He lunged toward her.

Akari darted to the side as the demon reached out his claws to slice her. She swung her sword in an attempt to chop off her leg, but she missed by about 2 inches. The demon lunged again, but this time, he caught his target. His claws raked her shoulder and she cried out in pain. 

I'm not going to make it, she thought to herself as she jumped out of the way again. My shoulder hurts so damn bad. I should just... NO! DON'T THINK LIKE THAT, AKARI! GET YOURSELF TOGETHER! USE A WATER BREATHING FORM, LIKE MASTER UROKODAKI TAUGHT YOU!

Akari took a deep breath. "Water breathing, first form," she said, holding her sword in front of her. "Water surface slash!"

She swung her sword. The demon's eyes widened as his head was taken clean off his shoulders.

Akari stood and watched as the demon's body crumpled to the floor. "You'll......pay.....for......that......" the demon whispered as its head disintigrated.

Akari chose to ignore it and ran over to the boy she had helped escape. "Are you okay?" she asked, holding out her hand.

The boy gripped her hand. It was rough and callused. "I- Yeah, I think so..."

Akari grimanced. "Your head is bleeding."

I'm going to pass out, thought Akari. My shoulder hurts so bad.

The boy gave a pained smile. "I'm fine. What about you? That demon scrached you pretty bad."

Akari took a shallow breath. "I'm fine, I just need to..." she crumpled to the floor.

Through blurry vision, she saw the boy hovering over her. "Wow, that demon got you good. I'm going to take you to the butterfly mansion, okay?" 

Akari had no time nor the brain cells left to comprehend what the boy had said. Her last thought was, Butterfly mansion? Sounds like a fairytale....

And with that, she spiraled into unconsciousness.

-Sorry for cliffhanger lol-

-Word count: 473-

-Chapter 2 will be out tomorrow!! Have a great day!! :D-