『 Chapter ☆ 10: Humble Beginnings Of A Hero 』

Font Key:

Bold = (With brackets is a small AN), to put emphasis on words in thoughts, also emphasis for anything extremely important (doesn't include minor emphasis (see italics) which is still important but not quite as important).

Italic = Flashbacks, words characters say to themselves in their heads uses " ", used to put emphasis on words in normal font. Can also be someone telling a story in not in the present if accompanied by these: 『 』

Standard = Present time, first person thoughts/observations that are not words a character speaks to them self in their head, with " " are words spoken out loud , words characters say to themselves in their heads durring flashbacks uses " ".

—— ~ ~ —— = The symbol for letters sent from Liyue

~ ~ = Time skip (placed in the middle of the page)

~ ~ ~ = The break in the page to distinguish the difference between what is part of the story and what isn't.

** to find the music for the story swipe left on the picture at the top!**

~ ~ ~

Aether's POV

The next morning I'm woken up by the sound of muffled shouting as I hear someone banging on my door. Next to me, Paimon appears out of her pocket dimension with a confused look on her face.
"What's going on?" The pixie asks as she stifles a yawn before turning towards the direction of all the racket.
"Let's go see." I murmur to the white haired female before yelling loudly enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear. "I'll be there in a minute!"

After quickly getting dressed and brushing out my hair, I run to open the door. As soon as I do, the brunette on the other side falls right through the doorway with a screech as she closes her eyes, waiting to hit the cold hard floor. Not wanting Amber to hurt herself, I swiftly catch the outrider as I quickly move my arms from a catching position to placing my hands on her shoulders in order to steady her.
"Woa, woa, you almost fell. Are you okay?" I question the normally cheerful female.
"She's not here either." Amber replies, golden eyes blown wide and glazed over as she frantically peers behind my head into the room beyond.
"Who are you talking about? My dark blue eyed companion asks curiously as she comes floating towards the two of us. Just as the brunette is about to speak, the door next to mine opens revealing the Cavalry Captain as Acting Grandmaster Jean and the Favonius librarian, Lisa also arrive from the other direction.
"What's all the ruckus about? You're making quite the scene." Kaeya exclaims as he hands the outrider a cup of warm brown liquid.
"Outrider Amber? Are you alright?" The blond asks in a motherly fashion.
"I need your help, she's missing." The young woman blurts out as her small hands reach for my shoulders, shaking them back and forth.
"Have something to drink. You need to calm down." The blue haired male instructs Amber as the two of us lock eyes.

With a nod of understanding, I open up the door as the taller man leads his colleague to sit on my bed. After persuading the outrider to count to ten, her breathing starts to slow as she seems to register where she is.
"That's much better. Now, please explain what's going on so we can assist you. Kaeya requests.
"I'm sorry everyone..." the brunette begins as her eyes guiltily flit between the three of us.
"Don't worry, we're here for you." The emerald eyed librarian says, trying to reassure the outrider before she continues.
"I'm sure you weren't expecting to be woken up like this, but it's really important. (Y/n) is missing." Amber reveals.