『 Chapter ☆ 14: Eulogy Of A Dragon's Sorrow 』

Font Key:

Bold = (With brackets is a small AN), to put emphasis on words in thoughts, also emphasis for anything extremely important (doesn't include minor emphasis (see italics) which is still important but not quite as important).

Italic = Flashbacks, words characters say to themselves in their heads uses " ", used to put emphasis on words in normal font. Can also be someone telling a story in not in the present if accompanied by these: 『 』

Standard = Present time, first person thoughts/observations that are not words a character speaks to them self in their head, with " " are words spoken out loud , words characters say to themselves in their heads durring flashbacks uses " ".

—— ~ ~ —— = The symbol for letters sent from Liyue

—— ~ ~ —— = The symbol for letters sent from Snezhnaya

  ~ = Time skip (placed in the middle of the page)

~ ~ ~ = The break in the page to distinguish the difference between what is part of the story and what isn't.

** to find the music for the story swipe left on the picture at the top!**

~ ~ ~

(Y/n)'s POV

The next morning I make sure to wake up at six o'clock as usual before getting dressed for the day. Before I go to find something for breakfast, I make my way to Aether's room, rapping gently on the door with my knuckles. Patiently, I wait for a few minutes to see if the golden eyed male will wake up but he doesn't, instead preferring to sleep longer. The outcome wasn't an unexpected one, but I figured I'd give my travelling companion the chance to wake up and join me instead of simply leaving without him.
"Paimon, are you there?" I ask as the white haired fairy appears in an instant.
"Yes, Paimon is here, (Y/n)! Is there something wrong?" The female inquires worriedly as she floats, bobbing from side to side.
"No, far from it." I answer which brings relief to the small girl.
"Phew! Paimon was starting to get worried." She says with a sigh of relief before asking another question. "What's up then?"
"I was awake and thought that I would go for a walk around the city this morning before heading to Angel's Share. Aether is still asleep though and I doubt he will wake up for at least another hour. Would you let him know where I've gone so he doesn't search for me here?" I request.
"You've got it, (Y/n)! You can always count on Paimon." The pixie exclaims proudly as she puffs out her chest.
"Thank you. I'll see you later then." I answer with a small smile that the dark blue eyed female returns with a wide grin. Inevitably though, the two of us part ways as I leave Favonius headquarters.

After grabbing a quick bite to eat from Good Hunter, my thoughts begin to wander to my long time friend in Liyue who I promised to visit. Since the two of us haven't seen each other in a while, I think it's only fair that I prepare a gift to present to him at our inevitable meeting.
"Hmm, what to buy?" I muse to myself as I wander throughout the stalls of merchants hawking their wares. While I know that whatever I get him will be treasured like the mora that runs through Liyue's heart, courtesy of the Lord of Geo, I want to make sure it's something he would like. Eventually I reach Mond's Souvenir shop, With Wind Comes Glory. I've passed by the store on numerous occasions but have never thought to purchase anything from here. As soon as I enter, I'm met with a friendly wave from the shopkeeper.
"Welcome to With Wind Comes Glory! My name is Marjorie, how may I help you?" A woman with shoulder length strawberry blond hair and dark blue eyes exclaims as she makes her way towards me.
"Oh, I'm looking for a gift for a friend of mine. What do you have in stock?" I ask as my (e/c) eyes drift towards the different trinkets and artifacts lining the walls.
"Hmm, not a local then? Could you perhaps be from the neighbouring nation of Liyue." The female guesses.
"That would be correct." I reply with a small nod as Marjorie ushers me to follow her.