"Mane whatever." He angrily walks to his car.

...

As soon as N'laisah gets out of the car Ace speeds off.

"Wow." N'laisah frowns.

"I ain't even do nun to him." She sighs.

It was stressful on her being with him. She hated being controlled and he loved controlling. Telling her what she could wear and where she could go.

She was tired of it. She grew attached to him for who he was at the beginning of their relationship and slowly he started showing his true colors.

He always dropped her off a block down from her house to avoid being detected by her mom or sister so she walked as fast as she could to her apartment complex.

Soon as she opened the door her eyes met her mother's. Sitting on the couch in a house coat, a bonnet, with no makeup on, and a belt drapped across her shoulder, N'miyah looked terrifying.

"Where was you?" She asks, lighting a cigarette.

"I was with Dee momma, I asked you before I left." N'laisah lied.

"Dee's momma told me you hadn't been over there all day. That's one." She holds up one finger.

"We wasn't at her house, we went to the park." N'laisah lied.

"Dee was at home all day. That's two." She holds up a second finger.

"I- we- I was actually at my cousin's house." She lied.

"Tracie nem in Florida right now. That's three." She stands up.

"I-"

"You tryna lie again, that's four." N'miyah walks up to her.

"Momma pleaseeee." She cries.

"Put yo hand out." Her momma orders.

N'laisah cries in pain as N'miyah strikes her palm with the leather belt 4 times.

...

"I kinda like this." N'laisah sips on the ice cold purple liquid in Ace's styrofoam double cup.

"You could have it I'a make more." He sat on the bed next to her.

"Where you at tonight?" He asks.

"I said I was at tutoring." I shrug.

"Nobody caught on?" He chuckles.

"No..." She laughs.

He leaned over and started kissing her making her move away, knowing what he was tryna do.

"Why can't we just chilllll." She dragged.

"My bad, my bad." He sighs.

In her mind he was waiting for her but in reality he was fucking everything that walked.

...

"The fuck?" N'laisah mugs her phone.

"What is it?" Dee peers over her shoulder.

"No wonder this dumb bitch skipped class." N'laisah says loud enough to earn looks from her classmates.

She always had friction with Shuana over petty shit but this was ODing it. She sent a video of Ace eating her out.

Nobody even knew about her and Ace other than Dee so she knew she had to have looked through his phone.

She had no idea why Shuana hated her so much other than a few of Shuana's boyfriend having liked her.

Maybe jealousy or maybe insecurity but nothing warranted sleeping with her boyfriend.

"N'LAISAH!" The teacher yelled after her.

She stormed out of class and Dee followed after her.

"You finna beat her ass?" Dee asks.

"Yup. And his ass too, fuck they thought this was!?" N'laisah walks to student parking.

...

"Gimme yo number real quick." Moneyman flirted with N'laisah.

"Don't you go with that one girl?" She rolled her eyes.

"I been broke up with her." He lied.

"Aight." She enters her number in his phone.

"Woooooooooww. This what we doing now?" A loud, obnoxious voice drags.

Since they were in Walmart, several people started to stare and N'laisah mugged Moneyman.

"Shuana you doing too much." Moneyman tried to contain his girlfriend.

"Why is you talking to this bitch?" She asks.

N'laisah grabs her hair and slams her head into the chips shelf. Security quickly runs over to the two fighting women while bystanders film.

A lil background of Shuana and N'laisah's friendship over the years