I

— Your... High... ness

Running through the chaos, he was panting as he looked around frequently.

—Y... Please...

— Shhh... It's okay. E-everything is fine. We... We'll find someone to help you.

It was what he always said, but at this point he didn't know if it was to comfort the child in his arms or himself.

Explosions...

Screams...

Tears...

And the eerie sounds of machines ringing in the air, with their repetitive clank clank clank they made when stepping on the ground.

He let this all happen... He who didn't notice the signs and let that bastard get away with it and didn't take good care of his people.

Just... What kind of a king was he...?

Now... One of his friends is seriously injured, one of the eliatrope children that everyone loves.

— Your Highness... Stop.

— No. Not yet... Not yet... We're almost there...

— Yugo.

He looks at the child in surprise, it was the first time he ever spoke his name. But why just now...?

— Just... Stop...! There is... no more time... Argh-!

Blood, he was bleeding too much...

Checking the youngest's pulse, the king felt his skin sticky with sweat. He was panting and with a headache that was getting worse and worse. He felt like throwing up... — D-don't say anything else... Please... — He pleaded with the boy, the younger's hoarse and weak voice would haunt his thoughts. — You need to save your stre-!

He feels the rhythm of the child's breathing slow down... His skin turns pale, his eyes roll back in his head...

— No...! No, no, no... Little Lotus... Please!

His hand grows heavy and falls lifelessly to the floor. The king's entire body trembles, it wasn't possible... No...!

— NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

He gets up quickly, feeling out of breath. His heart was beating rapidly, as if he were running a marathon. Sweat trickled down his body, trying to pull air into his chest, squeezing the area in his shirt with his hand.

Where was he? Why was it so dark!? He needed air...!

Somebody...? Somebody!? PLEASE!!

His vision was blurred, he couldn't hear anything, feel anything. Just his heart pounding and his mind buzzing. He felt like he was alone in the world, with no one to help him, with nothing left to lose.

He hate it... He hated it so much!

A sensation takes him out of the trance, he feels a small and cold hand land on his skin, only now he realizes that he was embracing his own body to ground him. On his forearms he feels scaly skin of white and blue colors.

Still panting, he opened his eyes slightly to see his precious brother, who was looking at him with concern. — Adamai ... — Yugo squeaks in embarrassment when hearing his weak voice and feeling his scratched throat. It was like days without water. Realizing that the boy has come to his senses, the other begins: — Brother... I heard your scream on the stairs... It was very loud. — His breathing was starting to return to its normal rhythm, Adamai's voice sending a sense of comfort. Because he is on the boy's lap over the bed, he rests his head on the other's shoulder. He takes a deep breath and then sighs for a few long seconds...