25

Real Life

landing back in London so soon after being here last was a bizarre feeling, he was lucky enough to get through the airport and to his house without being spotted by anyone. he ignored his family who all gawked at him as he walked through the door, Harry even doing the stereotypical drama thing of dropping his spoon back into his cereal, and he went up to his room. 

he showered and changed out of his 10 hour travel clothes before turning around and walking straight back downstairs and out of the door again. he walked instead of driving, with his glasses and hat on (obviously) enjoying the peaceful half hour to get his thoughts in check before he got to his destination.

the first thing he noticed was that her mum's car wasn't on the drive which was a relief and disappointment simultaneously as he was glad they would be alone to minimise the awkwardness of what was to come, but he loved spending time with MumzP so he was a bit disheartened too.

when he was finally at the door, he took a deep breath before knocking. she opened it, and a gasp fell from her lips.

"Emi, i've been so worried, you didn't answer my texts, and i know in the past i've been a bit of an asshole and everything that happened back then is entirely on me, but know i'm here now, i would never do that to you again, i came back because i was so worried about you after your birthday and not hearing from you since that i just needed to know you were okay and see it with my own eyes..." 

Tom was cut off by the girl in question jumping into his arms, almost suffocating him with the crush of her hug.

"i missed you so much." 

"i missed you too,  i was so worried." 

"i'm sorry..." Emily sighed pulling away looking at him with glassy blue eyes.

"no it's okay, don't cry love." Tom pulled her back in letting her rest her head on his chest. 

she sniffled a little but didn't let any tears drop, so over crying at every little thing. 

"i'm okay now." she confessed after a few more seconds of just enjoying the embrace. 

the two made their way inside and Emi put the kettle on before joining Tom in the lounge and handing him his tea, there was a silence as they drank, it was comfortable and both were too apprehensive to break it. that is until Emily finished her tea and mumbled a quiet 'fuck it' 

"Tom. i didn't ignore you cause i don't want you around, i did it cause i got scared. i love you Tom. i have since we were younger... but it's definitely much more than it was then and it scared me, so i backed off..." 

"Emi i-" 

"you don't have to say anything i just needed to tell you because i'd rather you know and leave than not know, stick around and the pining hurt more."

"Emi-" 

"i'm sorry i had to say something, i couldn't not when i opened the door and you were there... oh god i've ruined your filming again haven't i? i'm so so-" 

he cut her off placing his lips onto hers.

finally kissing her after what felt like forever of waiting. it was sweet and soft to start with, Emily caught completely off guard, until she hit reality and melted into the kiss that gradually got more passionate as time went on. 

eventually, before things could get too out of hand, Tom pulled back grinning at the girl who was beneath him on the sofa. 

"what's that smile for?" she laughed.

"i love you."