Can We Kiss Forever?

Zacznij od początku

the sun slid down the last bit of sky and touched the horizon..

taehyung and jungkook watched the vibrant displays of colour as the sun disappeared from view.

jungkook gently covered his child with his jacket as she fell asleep comfortably on taehyung's chest while listening to his heartbeat as she always did every night.

her long ebony eyelashes rested on her cheeks and both parents wished they could see what dream was responsible for the contented little sigh that escaped her lips. her peaceful countenance was almost too serene to disturbed.

the shadows streaks went dimmed and little fireflies began to appear in the clearing, creating a small glow in the air. jungkook moved slightly, turning towards taehyung and reaching for his pocket.

he cleared his throat slightly and spoke softly, "love, i brought you here for another reason actually.."

from taehyung's enquiring look, jungkook took a deep breath and pulled his hand out from his pocket and revealed a small velvet ring box. "i wanted to tell you that i truly love you and to give you this."

at this point, taehyung was freaking hyperventilating the moment jungkook opened the box, revealing a delicate purple gold ring set with three stones - a diamond in the middle with a sapphire and a ruby on either side.

the ring had inscribed on it, 'jjk & kth always' on the inside of the band,

"taehyung.. i am far from perfect and i admit i do have a lot of mistakes too. but we have survived the unsurvivable...

and you, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. i promise you, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than me. please, i ask of you, will you do me the greatest honour of all and be my life partner for the rest of our lives? will you accept this ring and marry me?"

oh my god, honestly, taehyung had been waiting forever for this day to come! he locked his gaze on jungkook for a brief minute before he put one arm around jungkook's and whispered in hushed tones.

he kept the volume of his excited screams down to a nominal level, fearing that his screams would shock their little girl awake. "yes, yes, yes! jeon jungkook, i'll marry you."

jungkook pulls the ring from the small box and slid in on taehyung's ring finger. taehyung admired it for a moment...

he loved the fact that jungkook spent some time choosing it for him, it was clear jungkook wanted it to be special.

it was probably the most precious thing taehyung had experience after the first time giving birth to his princess. he then shift his attention to jungkook, who was merrily and blissfully observing him.

"you know, i've been looking forward to this for a long time. thank you, jungkook, for you've made me realize how important i am in your life; you made me believe that i could be defined by my actions rather than my past, and i didn't know how to deal with that at first, but you taught me so well.." tears welled up in his eyes.