Margaret turns around, nodding, "Exactly. Do you know how many times they kicked me while I was pregnant? It's your turn."

"Hmm."

She walks over to her father, telling Tom about Isis' walks, "Oh, papa, she's going to be fine. Tom can handle her. Say goodbye to Sybbie for us. I imagine she'll enjoy the peace from the twins."

"Yes," Matthew says, standing beside her, "now everyone else can enjoy Emma's screaming."

"You make it seem as if James hardly does anything," Tom chuckles.

"Compared to Emma, he doesn't," Margaret kisses his cheek, "Make sure the house is still standing when we come back. Enjoy the freedom from the Crawleys, Tom. See you in 10 days."

Margaret finds their seats, adjusting James in her lap, the young boy still asleep and oblivious to his surroundings. Emma, meanwhile, manages to escape Matthew's hold, running over to her grandfather.

"Hello, there, Emma," Robert smiles, picking her up, "Shouldn't you be with your parents?" Emma shakes her head, snuggling against him, "Oh, well, Cora won't mind a visitor."

Margaret smiles, watching Robert walk away with Emma. She sighs, leaning back, "This is going to be a long trip."

———

After what felt like an eternity, the Crawley family all arrive at the Flintshire's castle and Rose joins her family to join them, "Hello!"

"Robert, nice to see you."

"Shrimpie," Robert shakes his hand, "this is so nice of you."

"Nonsense," he replies, "I can't tell you how glad we are. Cora. Edith."

"Hello."

"Margaret," she smiles, maneuvering around her wild children.

"Hello, forgive their energy," she kisses his cheek.

"Not at all. It's always good to have some energy around here. Though, possibly, Rose has enough for the entire castle."

Margaret smiles before Emma runs into her legs. She sighs, picking up her daughter.

"Aunt Violet," Susan kisses her aunt's cheek, "we feel so privileged to have lured you this far north."

"You flatter me, which is just as it should be."

"We've got lots planned," Rose tells the older twins, "There's the Ghillies' Ball," she takes Edith's arm and ushers the sisters, and Emma, into the house, "which Mary's always the star of."

"Rose," Susan calls out, "don't wear them out."

"Oh, by all means," Margaret smiles, "Wear out Emma. Please. She needs to sleep tonight."

"So, this is little Emma, is it?" Rose asks, smiling, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Emma."

"Would you like to hold her?" Margaret offers, "She has lots of energy. This may be perfect for you."

"Can I?"

Margaret nods, "Take James, too. They need a nap later, perhaps you can wear them down."

"Oh!" Rose squeals. Margaret chuckles, setting Emma down. Matthew brings James over. Rose takes their hands, bringing them out to the garden.

Margaret sighs, "This may work out perfectly. She has energy, so do the twins. Wonderful."

———

Margaret sits beside her father at dinner, waiting for the bagpipes to finish before they can begin. She hides her chuckle at Matthew and Evelyn's faces from the sound. Violet takes a calming breath and Mary looks annoyed.