~ Episode 3.3 ~

May 1920

May 1920.

    Margaret finds Edith in the hall, "I take it your excited, Edith?"

    "Oh, so much," Edith smiles, "Very soon I'll be Mrs. Strallan."

    Margaret smiles faintly, not wanting to disappoint her sister, "We're all very pleased for you, Edith. As long as he makes you happy."

    "He does. So much."

    Edith turns around and sees Violet walking towards the sisters, "Oh. Hello, Edith, dear."

    "Hello, Granny. Isn't it exciting?"

    "At my age, one must ration one's excitement," Violet replies. Margaret and Edith follow their grandmother into the drawing room with Cora, "I told her everything would come right, but she wouldn't believe me."

    Edith smiles, "I still can't. Something happening in this house is actually about me. The dress came this morning."

    "I was rather sad you decided against Patou," Violet says, "I would've paid."

    "Lucille was safer," Cora replies, "We don't want her to look like a chorus girl."

    "How's Anthony?" Margaret asks, changing the subject, "I imagine he's excited?"

    "Desperately," Edith smiles, "Just when he thought his life would never change, he's going back to the beginning."

    Violet nods, "Oh, what an invigorating prospect."

    Margaret sighs, watching the happy expression on her face despite the uneasiness growing in Margaret's stomach.

    She excuses herself and goes to the library, seeing Tom there, "Hello, there."

    "Oh, Margaret."

    "I'm not disturbing you, am I?"

    He shakes his head, "No, of course not."

    She smiles and sits across from him, "You're a part of the family now. What are your thoughts on Sir Anthony?"

    "What do you mean?"

    "I mean..." she sighs, "do you think he's good enough for Edith? Or perhaps he's... too old?"

    "I think that no matter what anyone says, she won't budge. I think she's too in love with him."

    Margaret sighs, "You're right. How is Sybil and the pregnancy?"

    "Oh, very well. And the twins?"

    "They're fine. There's a lot of babbling of nonsense and they're sitting up in their bassinets. It's quite cute."

    "I can't wait for when that happens."

    Margaret smiles, "You and Sybil will make wonderful parents. Sure, it's terrifying at first, but... when you see your child for the first time. There's no love that can match it."