Sadness

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Lakshman was sharpening and arrow when he got lost in deep thoughts. He had been disturbed ever since his other two brothers had came to visit in chitrakoot. He had forgotten but had not forgotten. He remembered how his little brother, burst into tears in his arms
"I was always left alone" " my own twin never loved me" "my father paid attention to only his eldest son"" Ram bhaiya loved you the most and we all love ram bhaiya the most" I am no one's favourite"

Flashback

Laksman: Shatru?
Shatrughan: yes?
Lakshman: you okay?
Shatrughan: yes * he was clearly faking, his words were choked and he was starting to cry*
Lakshman: you clearly aren't, Shatru?!
Shatrughan: yes I am not, laksh, I am not
Lakshman cupped his only younger brother's face and questioned him calmly: what happened shatru, you can always tell me
Shatrughan: you know that's false, I am guessing we all do
Lakshman: what do you mean?
Shatrughan: that, that, I can't always tell you
Lakshman looked at his younger brother confused
Shtarughan: confused right?
Lakshman nodded slightly
Shtarughan: what I mean to say is, how can I be all right? My own brothers left me alone! My own twin left me alone!I was always left alone, my own twin never loved me,my father paid attention to only his eldest son, Ram bhaiya loved you the most and we all love ram bhaiya the most, so what does that make me? I am no one's favourite, obviously except for my wife * he smiled a bit* but other than my wife, I have family members too, I have brothers.
Lakshman: no, shatru, you are everyone's favourite
Shatrughan: well then why don't they act like it? Us four brothers for some reason have always been paired: automatically it would become Ram-Lakshman and Bharat-Shatrughan, me and you are blood brothers, yet we don't act like it, we instead act like half brothers
Lakshman shuddered, he wouldn't have expected his younger brother to feel like this at all
Shtarughan continued: Pitaji, he had decided to coronate ram bhaiya in the absence of me, kirti and Bharat and bhabhi, why?
Lakshman agreed, it was strange how his father had decided to hold his elder brother's much awaited coronation whilst two of the brothers were in a different Kingdom!
Shatrughan: bhaiya, ram bhaiya loved you so much it would seem like he forgot I exist
Ram, who was standing at the door with bharat, overheard, he had felt extremely guilty for making the little boy feel like this.
Shatrughan: bharat bhaiya tried to make up for that though, but failed, as we aren't 3 or 2 brothers but 4, Ram bhaiya would care about you and leave bharat for me, now wouldn't I want the same love? Mataon, they gifted you all the daggers etc, but what did they give me? Toys?
Lakshman was a bit puzzled at this point, Shatrughan had always worn a mask?
Shatrughan: never, ever did they ask if I was happy, or well, truly happy, now I don't blame them, I always smiled but that didn't necessarily mean I was that happy, you know?
Lakshman was a bit bewildered
By now, the whole family had gathered at the doorway and listened to Shatrughan
Shatrughan: when we were in keykeya, we missed you all, never once did we get sent a letter. When Mandavi bhabhi found out she was pregnant, we were all so happy, and then found out about all of the drama that happened when we were gone, and no one was happy, I died so many time that day, the day when we came back from Keykeya. * his tears had started to increase now*
Lakshman nodded silently
Shatrughan: everyone adored the first two Queens, but what about our mother?
Rani sumitra smiled gently and everyone looked at her
Shatrughan: Pitaji cares about his other two Queens but what about our mother? Doesn't she deserve love? I don't blame Pitaji, having three wives is hard and when taking care of one another will get angry and is ruckus BUT what about her sons? The times that we got called a commoner's sons were so horrible that I get like kicking and murdering whoever had said that words. But what did Pitaji do? He ignored the words. We were reassured by our mothers and brothers, but who reassured mata? It broke my heart laksh, and now it hurts even more because now I have to grow up unwillingly, If this is how I have to mature then I don't want to mature * he cried onto Lakshman's shoulders as the latter just hugged him and tried to calm him down.
The rest of the family looked upset, they looked distraught. The youngest's words still echoed in their ears, ram felt bad, bad as he had let wounds grow on his younger brother that as always in front of him, or most of the time,
Bharat felt guilty, he knew he wouldn't have had to listen to these words if his mother didn't do what she did but again, these words were inevitable he had just wanted to hug his brother and tell him everything is alright
Lakshman was bewildered. The youngest brother was the best at hiding emotions, even better than the dude who everyone called "the master of emotions". He was proud but also guilty, his younger twin, had felt like this, who would he feel in these 14 years?
Rani Sumitra was shocked. She had never noticed Shatrughan notice her like that. She agreed with him but again she worried for him, at this point, he would have to take care of ayodhya in the absence of his brothers as she knew what bharat would do. She had felt so bad when people insulted her or her sons but again, she had them and they had her, she made sure to never let them feel the absence of a father because she knew that they had Ram and bharat
Keykeyi was stunned. She felt bad and guilty and nothing else. She had ruined the family's happiness yet everyone spoke to her like she did nothing. She was the one because of whom shatru had to mature in such an unexpected way
Kausglay felt bad, she wanted to cry and cry, she knew that Shatrughan was missing his brothers and that he needed them. She missed her husband badly. She missed her happy family. She missed the happy echoes of laughter
Urmila was distraught. She mossed her husband too. She wanted help. She didn't know how to live. She came because Mandavi needed help. She came to see her husband. She never knew that the one who she used to get into arguments with was this mature inside. She knew he longed for the old raghukul family just like she did.
Sita was sad. She was so sad. She wanted her in laws to have happiness but they didn't. They all looked so sad. They were so sad. She didn't see them carry a smile ever since they heard shatru's conversation with laksh. She felt bad, sad and guilty. She didn't know why she felt guilty but she just did.
Mandavi was grief-stricken. She was in the most delicate situation. She had expected everyone to be happy. She had expected everyone to dance. She wanted everyone to smile but no one did. They all grew sadder. However she was happy too. Happy that her child could bring happiness to the distraught raghukul family. She was happy as she would be the reason as to why he family would smile again. However she was also sad. She had mixed emotions. She had wanted her husband to stop feeling guilty. She wanted her 2nd mother in law to stop being so guilty. "Like mother like son in their case" Mandavi smiled at the thought.
Shrutakirti was prepared. Hurt that she had no one to confide to except her husband. She was in love and kept falling in love with her husband who kept making her fall in love. However she was hurt that her love was hurt. She was hurt by her husband feeling so distraught that he couldn't even speak. She knew that no matter what was to come she would be prepared and would support her husband.

♡♡♡♡♡
Thanks for reading, please vote and comment for feedback
Anisha