We all order a round of shots. I haven't drunk a lot in my life, so the taste of tequila makes me scrunch up my face in disgust, and then I cough.

"You good?" Nick chuckles and pats my back. I nod and lick my lips. "Another round!"

It takes me two more shots to start to feel a bit funny as if the world is spinning around me. I've felt this way only a handful of times before in my life, but it catches me off guard every time.

Caleb has taken off to the dance floor and so has Nick, both abandoning their thoughts and letting go for tonight.

I'm still working up the courage to go on the dance floor. Vi is waiting by my side, conversing with Ryan – much to my surprise.

Before I can pay too much attention to them, a presence that comes up beside me steals my gaze and I find myself craning my neck to look at Ares.

He looks at the bartender and says something in Greek. And I don't know why it causes my stomach to feel all warm and tingly upon hearing him.

I take another shot right when he glances down at me, and he chuckles.

"Living on the edge now, Butterfly?"

"Yes," I slur and clear my throat, feeling funny and giggly. "Yes," I repeat, clearer now. "I didn't know you were half Greek," I then add and look up into those insanely blue eyes.

The bartender places a glass filled with an amber-colored liquid in front of Ares, who I think thanks the man in Greek before taking a sip.

"You should be more thorough in your stalking sessions, then," he replies dryly. "Fuck you," I snarl and shake my head, but then realize it's making me feel dizzy and stop.

"I don't stalk you, it just caught me by surprise," is all I say. "Just like everyone knows I'm half Italian. I just... didn't know that about you."

"That I'm half Italian?" he asks and raises a brow. "No, dumbass," I snort, "that you... ugh, never mind."

"Talking is exhausting, so it seems," he notices and leans against the bar, letting his eyes trail over my attire.

"I look good, don't I?" I grin and do a little twirl, feeling confident in this dress.

"You do," he agrees and takes another sip of his drink.

Those words light up a fire in me. A fire I didn't know would make me feel this good. Those words shouldn't make me feel this good.

They shouldn't, but they do.

"Wow," I murmur, "the god of war is being nice to me."

"I was agreeing," is all he says. "Hmmm," I hum and grin, feeling a bit bolder than usual with all this alcohol in my system.

"The son of Zeus," I muse and narrow my eyes at him, "weren't you banging Aphrodite?"

"I suppose so," he answers with an amused look and licks his lips.

"Where is she?" I ask and lean my chin on the palm of my hand. Ares leans in to whisper in my ear.

"She slipped away from me."

My mind goes to all the lyrics he's written and about the mysterious girl in the songs. My heart aches at the thought of someone having this hold over him.

Someone else.

"She went back to Hephaestus?" I ask and tilt my head to the side. The corner of his mouth quirks up. "What do you know about my tale?"

I know everything about you, Ares. You're my obsession.

"A lot," I grin and poke his side. "Just like I know that Aphrodite never loved Hephaestus. So, don't worry, her heart is still loyal to yours."