4

[I know she is a pearl fan art by kukumonamour but I think her aesthetic fits our black gem; I think the gem will be placed on her back]
[All photos used are not mine]

"Pink Diamond?" Diopside said as her gaze landed on Steven.

"Oh no, no, no, Pink Diamond was my mom, my name is Steven Universe," Steven says.

"...What?" The black gem think but after a moment, her eyes lit up, like a moment of realization.

She starts laughing, "Oh, I see how this is Pink, this is just one of your silly pranks again is it? And you even took this funny form."

"What no-"

"You got me good Pink on this Steven facade. I fell for it, it is my defeat." Diopside laughs.

"Wait, you know my mom?" Steven asks.

"Woah," Amethyst stares, "Steven this was all your idea."

"What-" Steven looks at Amethyst before they heard a warp sound.

"Pearl and Garnet! Their back!" Steven panicked, "Oh no." Steven looks at Diopside still smiling at him.

"Diopside, go hide upstairs." Steven pushed her to go.

Diopside laughs, "I see, alright, I'll play a bit more with you Pink."

"No, I'm not-" Steven shakes his head, "We will talk about this later, lets go."

Pearl and Garnet walks out of the warp pad.
"Steven, we need to talk about the black gem." Pearl calls him downstairs.

"Wassup Pearl, did you find anything related to Diopside?" Steven leans into a wall before falling awkwardly.

Pearl stares at Steven and sighed, "You popped the bubble didn't you." Pearl takes her weapon out.
"Don't worry Pearl, I've expected this, thats why I brought this along." Garnet brings out a destabilizer.

"Woah, wait guys we can talk about this." Steven stops them, "She isn't dangerous."

Diopside comes down from the stairs, "Are these also your other friends Pink?"

"We don't know what she'll do Steven." Garnet says, "I'm sorry but my future vision about her isn't working."

"A sapphire and a ruby fusion," Diopside says, "Pink don't you think that's out of the line?"

Garnet stiffens up and was ready for a fight.

"No!" Steven says, "No fighting, please."

"Okay Pink, I've had enough playing. Let's go back, I have my duties to perform too." Diopside grabs Steven's arms.

"Let go of him." Pearl points her spear at her.

"I'm not Pink." Steven says as he pulls back.

The black gem's face gloomed.

"Pink is my mom-" Steven tries to explain again.

"Enough, go back from that silly form and I'll be the one to take you back home." Diopside's voice started to echo.

"This is me!" Steven says, "And I don't even know who you are!"

Diopside's eye twitched, "Pink, its me, Black Diamond. Don't tell me you forgot about me aftet just 100 years?"

A stream of silence flowed between the space around them.

"Black... Diamond?" Steven repeated.

"There is no such thing as a Black Diamond. Don't be fooled by her-" Pearl says but was cut off when she disappeared.

"Pearl?!" Steven screams.

"I think it's time to return that Pearl to where it belongs." Black looks down on him.

"ARRGGG, GIVE US PEARL BACK." Amethyst swings her whip as Garnet lunges towards Black.

"An amethyst defect and a fusion of different gems." Black begins to snap her finger, "You do have a knack for finding such amusing things."

Both Amethyst and Garnet disappear.

"They are not amusements, they are my friends." Steven charges at her with his shield. "Give them back!"

"Don't worry so much Pink. I just sent the Pearl back to her diamond and the rest are somewhere safe." Black ruffles Steven's hair.

"Now change back to your form before I do it myself." Black looks at Steven with a bit of annoyance. The space around them begins to go darken.

"I... I am Steven Universe. I AM NOT MY MOM."

Black snaps her finger.

Steven feels his form getting bigger and lost balance.

"What-" Steven looks at his hand and hair. It reminded him of....
"Did you turn me into Rose?!" Steven said, still baffled.

"What-" Black looks at Steven in confusion, "I changed the state of time of your body

"What-" Black looks at Steven in confusion, "I changed the state of time of your body.... I see," Black Diamond snaps her finger again, "You've taken multiple forms."

Steven looks at his hands that changed form again. "Stop, TURN ME BACK."

Steven started to tear up, "This is not me. Why can't everyone see I'm not her." He murmured.

"Let's go back home, Pink

"Let's go back home, Pink." Black said as she opened a space portal to the throne room.

"I'm sure everyone missed us." Black brings Steven along.