Chapter 20

"There is a demon in there! Give the box to me so I can kill it!" the raven haired male exclaimed as he pushed Douma down on the ground, struggling to get the box.

Yoriichi felt his hands balled into fists as his blood began to boil. He was about to unsheathe his blade when he suddenly stopped in his tracks.

'I can't kill him.. big brother will scold me.' Yoriichi thought as he clicked his tongue.

He has to stop the fight or else his little sun will be harmed. Forget about Douma being strangled by the male before him, his daughter needs him and he has to act fast.

Yoriichi snapped his fingers when an idea struck him. Taking off one of his sandals, he aimed it towards the ravennette. He remembered Uta doing it to a boar that was about to charge at you when you were still small. Recalling his wife's form and aim, Yoriichi pulled his arm back before throwing his sandal towards the male.

Douma tried to kick the aggressive male away from him when they both heard something whirring towards them. Douma held the box closer to him as the raven haired male looked back only for his face to be hit by a sandal, knocking him out in the process.

Yoriichi watched as the male fell to the ground beside Douma, making said male move away from him. Douma let out a sigh of relief when the aggressive demon slayer was knocked out cold, looking up to see Yoriichi and the children walking up to him.

"Ah, Yoriichi-dono! Thanks for saving me!" Douma exclaimed with a large grin. Yoriichi nodded in reply before taking the box away from his grasp, holding it close to his chest with a relieved sigh as he made his way under a tree.

Douma gave the male a confused look, he looked around and a sweat drop appeared on his forehead when he saw Yoriichi's sandal sticking out of a tree trunk. Smoke was coming out of the sandal as Yoriichi simply plucked it out with ease before placing it back on his foot.

Douma was about to stand up when he suddenly felt a rush of pain coursing through his body, making him let out a pained groan. Looking at himself, Douma noticed he was covered in dirt and bruises. Chuckling to himself for being careless before quickly regretting it when he felt his chest starting to hurt from laughing.

"Mister, are you okay?" Douma looked down to see the little girl from earlier staring at him with worried eyes.

"I'm fine! I went through some things worse! Like some certain kids who licked my hand." Douma replied, a tone of sarcasm slipping through his lips as he gave the girl a grin before patting her head.

A loud groan was heard from behind the group, making Douma quickly move behind Yoriichi while peeking over the male's shoulder.

"What the hell hit me..?" the male asked as he wiped the blood coming out of his nose.

"A sandal, actually. It was actually fun how it managed to knock you out. Pfft." Douma replied, chuckling to himself while letting our a few strained coughs.

"Who would dare even hit me..!" the male cut himself off when he came face to face with Yoriichi.

Yoriichi stared down at the demon slayer with a blank expression but the aura he gave off was deadly.

"You were going to kill my daughter. Apologize." Yoriichi stated.

"Daughter? But there's a demon in that box--"

"Apologize." Yoriichi said, making the boy flinched in fear.

"Y-yes.. I'm sorry for trying to hurt your daughter. Please forgive me, sir." the ravennette exclaimed as he went down on his knees in front of Yoriichi and bowed deeply, his forehead touching against the dirt.

'Crap.. this man gives off a deadly aura. If he can knock me out with just his sandal, he can kill me without hesitation.. I can't get on his bad side..' the male thought to himself.

"Eh? Daughter? Yoriichi-dono has a daughter?" Douma asked aloud as he stared back and forth between the two slayers.

Yoriichi ignored the curious look Douma was giving him when they all heard the sound of crows squawking from above. Yoriichi and the others looked up to the sky and saw three crows were circling around them in the air.

"Caw! Descend the mountain! Descend the mountain! Follow us! Caw!" the crows announced.

"They're talking!" one of the children said with wide eyes while his siblings nodded in reply.

Yoriichi began to head down the mountain but before he took another step, he inspected the box you were in and made sure there was no holes or tears. He would disembowel himself if he finds out his daughter was hurt because he left her at the hands of strangers. Tapping against the wooden box and whistling a small familiar tune that his little sun knows too well, Yoriichi waited for a reply.

You held your head when you felt a small headache forming from all the shaking and yelling that has happened. You were relieved when the shaking finally stopped while feeling the familiar presence of your father. You heard some small tapping sounds on the box along with someone whistling a tune of your favourite lullaby.

Eyes widening in delight, you hummed along to the tune while your hand made its way to the top of the box. Your fingers tapping along to the rhythm of the lullaby.

Yoriichi heard you tapping against the box, noticing the rhythm was from the lullaby you two shared. A faint smile appeared on his face, he was glad that you're okay. He'll have to keep an eye on the other two demon slayers that were trailing behind him. Hearing Douma say something along the lines of following him until the end.

Yoriichi was already fine with just the two of you. Now he has more people to keep watch. He doesn't care about their safety anyways, he was more concerned about them because they're males. Yoriichi doesn't mind if it was his brother or Urokodaki, they're adults and you see them as family. He remembers Yushiro but that lad's eyes are only on Tamayo so he's not going to be an enemy.

But Douma and the other male? They're almost the same age as you are, maybe a few years older than you. He can already imagine them fawning and throwing themselves at you if they see you. Yoriichi could feel his blood boil at the thought of them holding your hand.

'Your mother may disagree with me and say that she supports you about having a lover. But I will not allow any other men to have you, my little sun. Over my dead body.' Yoriichi thought to himself as he followed the crows down the mountain.

They will face his wrath if they ever tried to touch or hurt his little sun.