Chapter 7

"Congratulations. We're please to see that you have returned safely." The twins spoke out as they appeared in front of everyone.

"What am I supposed to do now? Where's my sword?" The mohawk haired boy asked.

"First, we shall issue you all uniforms. We will take your measurements, after which your rank will be engraved." the black haired twin replied.

"There are ten ranks in all.....

Kinoe, Kinoto,

Hinoe, Hinoto,

Tsuchinoe, Tsuchinoto,

Kanoe, Kanoto,

Mizunoe, and Mizunoto.

Currently, you are at the lowest rank, Mizunoto." the twins informed.

"Today, we will let you choose the ore for your swords. However, the swords will take ten to fifteen days to complete. But first....."

Yoriichi heard squawking sounds above as a crow flew in front of him. "We will now assign each of you your own Kasugai Crow." one of the twins exclaimed.

'Kasugai Crow?' Yoriichi thought as the crow perched itself on his head. "These Kasugai Crows are primarily used for communication." the twins said.

"Who the hell cares about some stupid crow?" Yoriichi heard the same boy exclaimed as the boy went towards the twins and grabbed the white haired twin by the hair.

"I want a sword, you hear? Hand over my sword right now! The Demon Slayer's sword. The Color Changing Sword!" the boy yelled.

"Ara ara~ how noisy~" Yoriichi heard the rainbow eyed male beside him exclaim. He turned towards said male to see him fanning himself with a fan while a grin was plastered on his face.

"Get your hands off of her." the boy with pink eyelashes exclaimed as he grabbed the mohawk haired boy's arm.

"You can't just do that to a kid. Especially a girl! Don't you have any manners?" the boy with pink eyelashes exclaimed with an annoyed look.

Yoriichi watched the scene in front of him, debating whether to intervene or not. "If you don't let go, I will make you." the boy with pink eyelashes warned.

"Who the hell are you?" The mohawk haired boy said. He suddenly yelped in pain when he felt the grip on his arm tightened, causing him to let go of the twin's hair.

"Are you done chatting?" The black haired twin exclaimed as he pulled the cloth away from the table showing different kinds of ores. "Now then, please select an ore. You shall choose the ore used to forge your blade to slay demons yourself." The twin said.

"They all look somewhat the same." Yoriichi heard the blonde boy beside him mutter behind his fan. Yoriichi then turned and looked at the various amount of ores on the table.

'Just choose one... but which?' Yoriichi thought as his eyes settled on the ore at the far left corner.

'This will do.' Yoriichi thought as he grabbed the ore.

---------------------------

Yoriichi was on his way back to Mt. Sagiri. Yoriichi noticed the sun was setting as he looked down at his blade.

'I was unable to find information to turn (Y/N) back into a human...' Yoriichi thought sadly as he continued on walking in his tracks.

It was now nighttime and Yoriichi has finally made it back to Urokodaki's house.

"I made it." Yoriichi muttered as he went closer to the house. The door to Urokodaki's house was kicked open as a figure walked out of the house, making Yoriichi's eyes widened in shock.

You slowly walked out of the house and looked at your new surroundings. Urokodaki followed behind you not too far away, making sure you don't stray too far.

You noticed a figure in the corner of your eye as you turned to see your father. Your eyes widened as you quickly ran up towards him, arms opened.

"(Y/N)!" Yoriichi exclaimed as he bent down and caught you. You engulfed Yoriichi in a hug and felt his hand patting your head.

"You made me worried a lot... I thought something bad has happened to you. I can't lose you as well." Yoriichi mumbled out as he returned your hug and held you close to him.

"Mmph!" you hummed out as you tightened the hug. Yoriichi felt a few tears slip out from his eyes as you reached up and wiped them away. Yoriichi let out a small chuckle as he patted your head in thanks, making you hum happily in return.

"I am glad that you have returned safe." Urokodaki stated as he watched the happy reunion play in front of him. Yoriichi looked up and gave Urokodaki a small smile as you continued to have a reunion with your father.

------------------------------------

"I don't think your daughter is the same as other demons." Urokodaki stated.

Your head was laid down on Yoriichi's lap as you twirled the flower Yoriichi gave you earlier. A gentle smile appeared on Yoriichi's face as he patted your head. You looked up at Yoriichi and let out a hum while giving him a close eyed smile.

"I somehow noticed that as well. At first, I thought this is her Blood Demon Arts but I was wrong. I'm not sure about this but, rather than consuming flesh, (Y/N) could be recovering her strength through sleep instead." Yoriichi explained as he watched you twirl the flower in your hand.

"That could be the case. For now, you should take a rest. You did just came back from the Final Selection." Urokodaki suggested to which Yoriichi nodded in reply.

Yoriichi looked at the futon beside him as he saw your sleeping form. His eyes widened in surprise when you unconsciously reached out for his hand and held it.

Yoriichi's gaze softened as his other hand patted your head, making you nuzzle up to it.

"I'll find a cure for you, my little sun. I promise you that." Yoriichi whispered as his eyes slowly closed, making him fall into slumber.