Chapter 8: The End

Chapter 8: The End

Jungkook was smiling while staring at Taehyung's picture. His heart was 'boom boom' and he can't suppress his smile. His cheeks were burning red and he didn't notice that he was squealing.

"Stop squealing! Let me sleep!" Jimin grumbled in annoyance.

He covered himself with a blanket and Jungkook bit his bottom lips. He just realized that there's a letter on it. He shooked his head and slapped himself to be focused on reading the letter. He removed the ribbon on the paper and spread it open to read it.

He read the letter with a big smile on his lips excited to know what Taehyung wrote for him.

Dear Jungkook

I don't know what should I write to you. But, I just want to tell you that I'm getting married. I don't know why I had to tell you this but I think you'll be concerned about this. I was thinking of running away however, I know I can't hide for so long.

I'm scared of my father, he doesn't understand me at all. He only knows money, it's precious to him. If I could just go and run to you, I will definitely do that.

Yet, there's such a long distance between us. Why do we have to meet at the wrong time? I like you, I mean, you're the only person who can understand and listen to me.

But guess what, there's something odd. I felt giddy when I'm talking with you. Sometimes, I don't want to end our calls. I would've loved to listen to your voice the whole day.

If I had been reborn again, I wish I could meet you so at least, I can see your face. I want to be with you so you can comfort me. In another life, I want to be your boy. I just at least want to feel to be with you.

I hope I'm destined to be the person you will love. I hate my thoughts right now, I can't imagine you being with someone. My heart was shattering while thinking of it, I'm jealous.

I want to know how lucky am I to have someone like you. Because I really adore you, this is the first time I felt this, I felt safe with you.

I love this feeling, I'm addicted to it. Still, I don't know but I felt like I'm falling in love with you. I hope you don't find it creepy. I'm sorry, Jungkook. I love you.

From
Taehyung

The smile on Jungkook's face disappear. It might be weird but his eyes were tearing. Yet, he was glad that Taehyung confessed to him. Jungkook admitted that he likes Taehyung. It was his first time falling in love and Kim Taehyung hits differently. Jungkook was crazy in love with the person he won't able to meet.

Jungkook rapidly dial the telephone yet it wasn't working again. He looked at the clock and it was midnight, it should be working right now. He tried it again, he was excited to tell his feelings for Taehyung but nothing worked.

"Maybe, I could just tell him tomorrow." Jungkook sighed in defeat knowing the telephone won't work no matter what he does.

Taehyung's mother, Halyeon got inside Taehyung's room to clean it. But she felt odd, she slowly went to the bathroom but her eyes widened when he saw lifeless Taehyung with blood on the ground. She gasped in horror seeing her son's dead body.

"Taehyung! Yeonseong! Call an ambulance!" She yelled immediately waking Taehyung.

But Taehyung's body was cold, with multiple cuts on his wrist, his lips were dark purple and his body was pale.

"Taehyung, son, please wake up!" She cried while shaking Taehyung's body.

The boy wasn't responding at all, Yeonseong who was Taehyung's father saw him. The doctor got inside but they know it was too late. Taehyung was found dead on January 17, 1948.

The next day, it was January 17, 2022, Jungkook saw his grandfather doing something like he was preparing for something.

"Where are you going, grandpa?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"In the cemetery, I had to visit Kim's son to clean his funeral it was my normal duty since it was his death anniversary, and to give respect to his family, would you like to come with me?" His grandfather replied.

"Sure thing, I'll help you. Jimin hyung will help too." Jungkook smiled teasing Jimin who was glaring at him while eating his food peacefully.

"That's good, don't worry Jimin, Yoongi will come with us." His grandfather giggled.

"That's good, what time are we going there? I'm ready now." Jimin said excitedly standing in his seat.

"Finish your food first, you're not done yet." His grandfather chuckled.

Jimin soughed and sit back, meanwhile, Jungkook sat down beside him and they eat.

After that, they went to the cemetery Jungkook helped his grandfather and got inside the chapel. Jimin was flirting with Yoongi outside the chapel.

Jungkook put down the flower on top of the glass wall. He looked down, wiping the dust off from the tag, and accidentally read the name. His eyes widened when he saw who it was. It was Kim Taehyung.

"Grandpa, is Kim Taehyung the son of the Kim you are talking about?" Jungkook asked with a shaky voice.

His eyes still can't leave the name written on them. Jimin got inside to see what was happening.

"Yes, he was only 26 years old at that time when he decided to suicide. If the boy he loves helps him, I'm sure he's still alive. He was so desperate to hear that boy's voice but he didn't receive any calls. Poor kid." His grandfather replied.

Jimin saw the name and he looked at Jungkook with worried eyes.

"Jungkook" Jimin mumbled.

Tears fell from Jungkook's eyes knowing the reason why Taehyung wasn't answering his calls. He didn't even realize it was Taehyung's first and last 'I love you'. He wasn't able to respond yet, he didn't tell Taehyung that he loves him too.

The End