Seven

Mal's POV:

The rest of the date was spent with chatting away the hours, playing games with our drinks and messing around with the childish props in the treehouse, and many more cuddles, hugs and kisses. We spent all day there, and even watched the sunset together. When we finally went home together and got into bed, I couldn't help but think that it still felt so surreal to me, my one dream in life has finally come true when I never thought it would.

The next morning we wake up together in Evie's bed, wasting no time to lock lips as soon as we open our eyes. We embrace for as long as we can, feeling each others' comfort as our cracked morning lips open and close on each others' matching mouths. After a while, I make my way on top of Evie and pull away to ask her a hopeful question.

"Wanna skip again today?" I ponder, as I'm gently tangling my hands through the ends of her hair as we lay together, while she has her arms hooked around my waist and rubs my back lightly.

"Yes."

"Yay!" I squeal.

"But we can't," She sighs.

"Why?" I pout, fiddling with the top button of her pyjama shirt and purposefully hitting her cleavage. I smile mischievously when this makes her blush and giggle. She begins a rant about why school is important, however, I interrupt her with a kiss every few sentences, in an attempt to bribe her.

"Because one day of missed school is enough, Mal."

Kiss.

"We can't just skip whenever we want."

Kiss.

"Yesterday was fun but we do have to get back to work today."

Kiss.

"Will you STOP!" She laughs, pushing me off of her and letting me roll onto the mattress. I try to creep back onto her again, but she hits me with a pillow before I can do anything and scrambles out of bed.

"Hey!" I sulk, frowning at her from where I'm still scrunched up under the sheets. She towers over me beside our night stand with her hands on her hips and a know it all look on her face.

"Sorry babe, but school is important."

I reluctantly climb out of bed and follow Evie, who's wandering into the wardrobe and beginning to pick out her outfit for school. I watch her as she searches, playing close attention to matching every element together. I usually just throw on anything random in my favourite colour, but she takes pride in her appearance, and has such a particular style, it's quite admirable.

A tricky question that I have for her wanders into my mind. I bite my lip, thinking about whether I should ask her or not, and decide that I should.

"Hey E?" I start, leaning up against the chest of drawers we have tucked underneath out coathangers.

"Yes?"

"How are we going to tell people about us?"

Evie freezes in front of the jewellery box she's been sifting through. Oh no, I hope I haven't freaked her out. But alas, I watch as she she puts back a pretty red and gold necklace, then turns around and makes her way over to me.

"Well, I do think we should wait a while," She offers, placing her hands on my hips and squaring me against her. "I mean after all we've only been on one date, haven't we? I don't think it's time yet."

I nod. "Yeah. And plus, the most special things are always secret," I mumble, then take advantage of how close together we are and kiss her lips. She smiles into the kiss, wrapping her arms around my neck, and just as I'm starting to intensify it, gently biting her lip and silently asking her to let me in, she shoos me away.