Two

We are halfway through watching the movie now, or at least the others are. I couldn't tell you anything about the plotline, for I don't think Evie and I have watched a single second of it. Who wants to watch a rom com when I could be braiding Evie's hair while she traces shapes on my palm and makes my heart sing?

"You're really good at hair braiding," She compliments.

"Thanks! Oh you're gonna look SO beautiful once I'm finished here," I reply, weaving my fingers in and out of her soft hair.

"You're getting my hair tangled in my necklace," She remarks.

"Oh, sorry," I say sarcastically. "You know what I'll just take it off." I undo the clasp at the back for her, letting her necklace disappear into her pyjama shirt, on purpose, mind you.

"You're so stupid, it's lost now!" Evie sighs, faking disappointment.

"Let me try and find it," I say playfully. She giggles as I start to unbutton her shirt, blushing when my fingers hit her cleavage.

Suddenly, the lights flick on out of nowhere. Evie and I look away from each other for the first time tonight, and see that Ben is standing by the light switch, and Jay and Carlos are staring at us from where they're seated on their beanbags. I button up Evie's shirt and raise an eyebrow at them all.

"Why are you guys looking at us like that?" I ask, weirded out.

"Because you two are talking over the movie and it's ANNOYING, plus you aren't even watching it which defeats the purpose of having it on!" Jay explains.

"We are SO watching it," I reply with a roll of my eyes.

"What's the main characters' name?" Ben interrogates.

"Isn't it like...Stephanie...or something?" I answer nervously.

"Stephanie is the fucking dog," Carlos sighs.

I have to laugh at that mistake, and Evie turns to look at me. "You have the cutest laugh," She says, before giving me a kiss right beside my mouth. I smirk at her, and that's when Ben starts to grumble.

"Alright I suggest a break, get some drink refills, go to the bathroom and whatever, and while you're doing that...Evie, can I talk to you?" He requests.

Evie looks quite pissed off at the idea of us parting, yet she reluctantly climbs off of me and onto the carpet. As the others busy themselves with jobs, Ben beckons her out into the hallway. Once they're outside he closes the dorm room door behind them. Huh, I wonder what he has to talk to her about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evie's POV:

I follow Ben out into the hallway, and after quietly shutting the door, we both stand in silence. I lean up against the doorframe, folding my arms, and he stands opposite me, brushing his hand against a poster. I avoid eye contact with him, until finally, I gather the courage to speak.

"What is this about?" I ask, even though I already know.

"Hmm, I don't know Evie, what IS this about?" Ben says. "You know what actually, I wanna see if you know. Take a wild guess at what you think it is, go on."

I look at him tediously and click my tongue silently from nerves, then begin to speak. "It's about...how I'm acting with Mal..." I mumble.

"Correct, congratulations," Ben smiles, his voice dripping with sarcasm. He moves closer to me.

"Didn't we have a little chat a while ago about this exact situation?"

I nod. "Yeah, I remember."

It's true. It was just a few days before Mal ran back to the Isle, I remember it clear as day.