Four

Mal's POV:

"Mal, Evie, you up?"

I awake to the calling of my name, opening my eyes and letting them adjust to the sudden daylight pouring in through the window frames all around our dorm. I see that Carlos and Jay are opening curtains and making beds, meanwhile Ben is...standing right in front of Evie and I at the bay window. He doesn't look too happy, and I can see why to be honest. We don't look in the most innocent of positions.

"What are you guys doing over here?" Ben asks, just as Evie begins to wake up, pulling away from my shoulders and rubbing her eyes. Her and I look at each other, and instantly start to rack our tired brains for excuses.

"We were just...in the night...you know how it is...we just had to..." We both stammer together, trying to make sense of a jumble of words.

"Huh?" Ben cuts us off, looking utterly confused.

"I just couldn't sleep last night, and neither could Evie, so we just kind of ended up here on accident," I manage to word.

"Whatever, OK. Anyways we're all going to breakfast, so get dressed," Ben sighs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrive at Wicked Waffle House about an hour later. I grab Evie's hand as we walk in, and when we do Ben requests a table for five, making sure to add on the end "and make it the best seat in the place, if you will." I think he's trying to be fancy, but it really just came out as...cocky. He may be my husband but MAN is he annoying sometimes.

Our waitress seats us by the window, and I snag a seat next to Evie, of course. She drapes her arm around my neck and intertwines our fingers immediately, a standard procedure for us when we're out and about, except this time it feels even better. I don't know why, maybe it was the way we connected last night? If we even did. Regardless, it feels nice. We catch each others gaze, and as usual, can't look away.

"Hey Mal, I love the name you picked for this place!" Jay compliments. I break away from Evie and I's dreamy staring contest to look at him.

"Oh thank you! I was a hard choice but I think it fits pretty well," I reply, smiling.

Quite recently this restaurant was built in the main streets of Auradon. Everyone was really excited for it, but no one could think of a name. Ben decided to leave it up to me, he was really enthusiastic, said he wanted it to be my first official order as Queen. I mean, I was really pumped, I got to name a whole restaurant! This was around the time we were preparing for our trip back to the Isle to get Dizzy, Celia, Squeaky and Squirmy, we were leaving to get them in just a few weeks. The biggest deal and what everyone was buzzing about around Auradon at that time was how, well, quote our big entrance song that we sang when we finally did get the kids later, was that it's good to be bad. So I decided on the name Wicked Waffle House. It fits with the trend, it has some catchy alliteration, and it even includes what the restaurant serves! Perfect!

"Still not the biggest fan of the wicked part," Ben mumbles under his breath. I think he thinks I didn't catch that, but I have good ears, and I sure did hear him.

"What, you said you loved it when I suggested it?" I question him, puzzled.

He looks at me, drumming his fingers on the shiny silver table. "Oh yeah no it's fine, I just thought a less...evil name would've been more fit for Auradon?" He rambles.

I'm quite surprised, and really offended actually. First of all, he lied to me, and second of all, he's criticizing my choices even though he left it up to me? I'm gonna talk to him about this later, because this is pretty ridiculous.