🌺 | Hollow Mind

what if Hunter didn't run too far
from his previous family and ended up with
a whole new, better one?

requested: yes | [ no ]

trigger warning:
mentions of, trauma,
canon x oc

– Poor boy's honestly so scared of his uncle to the point where he's scared to be even seen anywhere

– I'm pretty sure he ran into the rebellion trio while running from the Owl fam, Darius (Dadrius)  had to calm him down. A lot.

– He didn't recognise Darius when he bumped into him when Darius' hood was up. Darius pulled it off as soon as he sensed something was off.

– "Please! Don't hurt me!"

– "Hunter! Calm down, easy there... it's just me, Darius."

– Precious boy ended up hugging Darius so tight that the Head Abomination Witch had to pry him off with the help of Eber and Raine.

– I don't blame him, I would do the same if I were in his position

– lots of reassuring from Darius. He might even carry Hunter back to the Owl House because he knows that Eda's trustworthy.

– At least, that's what he's heard from Raine.

– If you tell me that Darius knocking on the Owl House door with Hunter holding his hand at 3 am while Raine and Eber hide in the bushes is not canon, I will throw hands /j

– Hunter's so scared of being abandoned solely for the fact that he thinks that Belos/Philip can come after him.

– "Darius, please! He's... He knows, he's gonna— I'm in danger—"

– "Easy there, kid. You're gonna be okay. I know it."

– He took a long time to say anything. Eda left him to take time to process, Luz was in her room and King honestly watched Hunter with concern.

– Took Eda a long time to get him into a room for the pure fact that he was scared of being taken in the night.

– Eda left a walkie-talkie with him if he ever needed it, and honestly, she would check up on him every half an hour to make sure that he was okay

– "Hey, kid. How are you holding up?"

– "I-I'm okay... I guess..."

– He wouldn't admit it, but having this many people care for him was a great change of pace from the negligence in the Emperor's coven.

– He would worry for Georgia's health 100%. He would ask Eda if she'll be okay right before Eda's about to head to bed.

– "Did you get an answer today?"

– "Not yet, but, she's a tough one. She'll be just fine."

– Due to his life in the coven, he'd definitely wake up at 6 am.

– He's so confused about what to do now that he's a traitor.

– He'd sit on the couch and feel numb, Eda's awake by now because she heard a 'thump'. Most likely he tripped and fell down the stairs from exhaustion.

– The Owl Lady cannot believe that she has gone from the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles to the biggest babysitter of the century.

– You seriously won't believe how much she has to coax him back to bed

– "Look, kid... I'll... I'll let you borrow some books that I have about magic. On the condition that you go back to bed and get some proper rest."

– He was just offered one of his favourite comforts, how could he say no?

– He does head back to bed reluctantly though

– As a few days pass, he eventually notices a few new things, such as the feeling of belonging in this wacky, upbeat house.

– Such as Eda making sure that he's not missing meals, King giving him a shy hug when he needed one, Luz is there if they need to talk and Hooty... we don't talk about that–

– Of course, Darius does check up on him now and then, but Hunter knows that he doesn't visit often since he's still in the coven, and he can't blow his cover.

– At least he knows that Darius cares, and that's enough to know.

– At least he knows he's loved.