She was still really skeptical about how I got the points, I'm fairly certain she drew the connection but she was proud. She wasn't going to outright ask me the question, she would try to figure it out and find the information tangentially. It was like our little game of hide and seek and I was enjoying it.

"However, I must tell you that I'm annoyed with you. To use food as a trap is not an endearing trait. If you want something from me, you should just ask. You shouldn't lure me with a meal of all my favorite food to butter me up. Using a food trap is a disgusting tactic."

Damn, I was caught. This was bad, it was a low level tactic and I had assumed that she wouldn't see through it. Knowing it was so low level, she would just overlook it as a coincidence but she saw through me immediately. It was hubris on my part, no one would be stupid enough to use this tactic and yet I did. A genius wouldn't fall for something as basic as a food trap...

"I don't know what you mean, I miss you. I just wanted to enjoy a meal with my beautiful, amazingly smart and talented sister. It hurts that you think so lowly of me," I said back with a strained smile.

"Don't be coy with me," Arisu said, narrowing her eyes. "You want something, just ask. Stop wasting my time with these games."

Knowing I was caught, I couldn't help but sigh. I really did want something, something that to proceed with plan A only Arisu could give me.

Things with the trial were not going well. There were only a few days left and so far they hadn't come up with anything. Eiichiro wasn't able to find any support, Horikita and Kushida pretty much had nothing either and Ichinose was back to being tired again. She wasn't falling over like she was before, taking time to look after herself better but she was tired.

But none of that really mattered, Sudo was going to lose no matter what and he was about to be suspended. It didn't matter what kind of brilliant defense they were able to spin, there was no way he was getting off at this point. So there was nothing that could be done, I could just let it happen.

Ichinose was really good at hiding it but she was getting annoyed at Sudo's lack of concern. It wasn't as obvious as bad mouthing him and not once as per usual did she ever complain about anything that she was doing. She managed it all with the same amount of determination as she always did. It was admirable and she had my respect for how much effort she was putting forth.

However, as everything was closing in there was a new set of circumstances that was coming. As it was getting closer to the crunch, now all four of them were trying to make a last ditch effort to find something tangible. It was then I heard the words that made my blood turn cold.

Ichinose asked for one day off council duties to help.

Just thinking about her request filled me with dread. One day? An entire day? It wouldn't be an issue if she was willing to just cover it the next day, but then she nonchalantly said the magic words that sprung me into action.

"You can cover the work for one day, can't you?"

It offended my ears. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I take pity once, just once and this is the gratitude that I receive for my assistance? It was humiliating. I couldn't believe the sheer gall of the request, to ask me to do work. It was a complete violation of our agreement, I was outraged.

"Sure, I can handle it. You deserve a break anyway,"

The words came out of my lips before I could even stop it. This is what my life has come down to, this is the result of my choices.

I would be lying to myself if that meek show of gratitude when she saw the paperwork that I completed didn't have any form of effect. Curse that woman, this was ridiculous.