thirty five | new day rising

Start from the beginning

He silently stared at her for a couple of moments and eyed her before he nodded his head and said to her, "Fine, but you're helping me with something, which will bring you back down to owing me one favor."

She nodded her head as she said to him, "Of course. What is it?"

He eyed the people that were standing around them before he muttered under his breath, "Keep an eye on Butch. I have a feeling he's doing something that Oswald doesn't know about. Something that doesn't need to be done. Can you do that?"

She chuckled as she said to him, "Of course I can. I watched Gordon on Don Falcone's orders and also protected Oswald before his attempt to murder Don Falcone two years ago. Keeping an eye on him should be easy."

Edward nodded his head before he told her, "I'll contact you once I find something out but in the meantime, keep an eye on him. There's no knowing if he plans on double-crossing Oswald."

She mockingly saluted him before she disappeared and left Edward by himself to ponder the new mystery that involved the murderous Annabelle Mikaelson.

* * *

Annabelle had returned to her current home to change into clothes that Oswald said would be more appropriate for his speech in front of the reporters, only to stop when she heard ticking coming from a single alarm clock in the house.

She didn't know why but for reasons unknown to her, she immediately froze in place when she heard a voice echoing inside of her head, while it asked, "You are quite an angry woman, aren't you, Miss Mikaelson?"

Annabelle remained still for a couple of moments, but as the phrase started to repeat in her head, she started to slowly shake from her anger.

Her shaking only grew worse when she heard the same voice say, "I want you to kill Jim Gordon."

While her shaking became even worse, the voice said, "Focus on all of the times in which he angered you in the past, how he betrayed you and how he didn't do his part in a bargain for you."

While she slowly turned around to face the front door of her home, the voice said, "Focus on that raw, burning feeling of your anger. Your anger that you've kept hidden beneath you, ready for you to unleash on any unsuspecting person."

It was only when an image of an injured Victor Zsasz passed through her mind that her shaking had become the worst it had ever been before she sped towards the front door and threw it open and almost threw it off its hinges as she sped out of her home in search for James Gordon.

Although subconsciously she wasn't aware why she was going after James Gordon, she knew she couldn't stop herself.

The only thing that mattered to her at that moment was finding James Gordon and ripping him apart for all of the times he did wrong by her.

One of the times being when he refused to find out who she cared about, which resulted in Victor being severely injured before Theo Galavan's first death.

And despite her wanting to find out the reason for her acting like this, she would not stop until she found James Gordon and ripped his throat out.

* * *

Nathaniel Barnes was sitting in his office and watching the news on the small television, while the reporter on the television said, "And although some have criticized Mr. Cobblepot for running a campaign based largely on name-calling and fear-mongering..."

Nathaniel only looked away from the television when he heard knocking on his office door before he looked over to see James Gordon standing on the other side of it.