SWOONS AND PRINCES

* ~ * ~ *

* ~ * ~ *

"Dearest gentle reader,
It is often said that those who marry in haste must repent at leisure, a sentiment that is clearly shared by Miss Daphne Bridgerton, who has apparently rejected not one, not two, but three proposals already this week.

As for our other starlet, she is taking it in stride as she flatters every eye that catches her countenance yet doesn't stop for a moment for any of them, perhaps in deliberation of a certain proposal not offered by one but two eligible bachelors who have managed to remain unknown-yet known-thus far."

Madelyn couldn't sit still as she read the latest of Lady Whistledown as Alice brushed her brown curls.

"How would you like your hair today, Miss?"

"...Miss?"

"Hm? Oh, yes." Madelyn closed the pamphlet and set it down, unable to hide her grin and on the verge of bursting into a fit of delighted giggles as the butterflies in her belly would not rest. "Whatever you think is good for the occasion, Alice."

Alice, amused, did as she bid.

Her mistress's choice of event to attend made her think that her hair would be better done in a different style than usual; something flamboyant yet casual, formal yet not so much so that it would be too tight on her head.

Grabbing a black ribbon strip, she gathered all of Madelyn's hair at the top of her head in such a way it looked like a bird's nest and got to work.

Meanwhile, Madelyn herself was doing everything in her power to sit still and not worry; worry because her brother was completely unaware of her plans yet she wasn't so much as before because he was attending breakfast with Daphne. She'd just have to make sure she was out of the house before he got home.