Day 1 of Wedded Bliss

Start from the beginning

"My Lady is a very sweet, and kind girl, with a good heart. I feel the world did her a very cruel blow..." Mildred began before she stopped herself from really saying what was on her mind as her voice suddenly flooded with emotion as she remebered who she was talking to and had to keep in mind your own confidence in you.

"Yes, Tessa's told me. Saffiro wishes she would have been born a male so she would be her father's heir instead of him. And how because she was a woman- she's gotten criticisms for being too educated." Kragan picked up where he felt Mildred left off.

"Oh, yes, of course. Yes, if she had been born a male- the world would have been her oyster and she- it's finest pearl. It isn't fair at all. Especially when Saffiro has always been like a twin and a best friend to her. Well, until the last few years, when circumstances forced that relationship to come under strain. But ever since, um, well- her accident and her slow recovery from it- they've rekindled their friendship and their closeness again. But of course with you being married to her now and moving her away. That relationship will be distanced yet again and I fear, never the same. Which is- unfortunately- just a part of life and growing up." Mildred answered as she looked down at her intertwined fingers and fidgeted slightly at the mention of your "accident" again.

"Yeah, Tessa told me about Saffiro's efforts to get her to elope with others and the unintended consequences she endured because of that." Kragan supplied.

"The worst of which was My Lady's own betrayal of trust in Lord Saffiro. The two, for being a year apart- have always been as thick as thieves even in the nursery and especially in their schooling. And while I too had misgivings about her match with the Young Count Lavine- the betrayal of trust between them was a blow My Lady never did recover from. And it irreparably damaged that bond. Because My Lady actually had a different lady's maid at the time. But because of the attempted elopements and because the young girl was simply following orders given to her by Lord Saffiro to leave My Lady's side for too long. And because My Lady was left alone and abandoned with those dishonorable men and unfortunately was left as their victim to their dishonorable intentions and conduct- I volunteered to replace her. Because watching her grow up, I'm quite fond and protective of her and would never leave her abandon her in a moment. The same way a grandmother, or even a mother or an aunt would be." Mildred revealed as Kragan frowned and blinked a few times to wrap his head around that.

"I'm just grateful you care for her Sir. And I'm grateful that at least with you, she won't have to worry about much of anything anymore. I'm sure you'll be very happy together." Mildred tried to offer, trying to push down her guilt as she dug her hand into her pocket and squeezed the glass vial that held your medicine in her pocket, using her thumb to make sure the cork was still firmly seated in the mouth of vial to make sure that none leaked out before she went around the room and only openned the curtains a little bit to let a bit more light into the room but not so much that it would wake you up but that Kragan could see better. Even though with his orcish eyes, he could have seen everything just fine before but his yellow glowing eyes from the bed was slightly disturbing for Mildred so she felt she needed more light in the room.

"Please, when she does wake, please ring me immediately. For she will need her day medicine immediately upon waking." Mildred insisted once she returned and appreciated seeing more of Kragan in the light and looking more like a person and less like...something monsterous at least in her own eyes and to see you sleep so blissfully in his arms and on his chest, if you were happy and content with him, she would be too. For as long as she was needed to be too.