You scoffed loudly before looking at Levi who also has his brows furrowed. "Hey Erwin, you didn't tell me anything about that," he said.

"This is necessary. And as you are now, Y/n," he trailed off, as if he hesitated on what to say for the first time but Erwin said it nonetheless, although you wish you didn't hear it. "You'd just be a liability to the Scout. And we are in no need of liabilities."

It was, probably as far as you remember, the first time Erwin ever called you a liability. Even when you weren't the best in your batch, even when you weren't the strongest Squad Leader, he had always shown how well pleased he is with you.

"A liability," you muttered before standing up and storming out of the office.

Levi didn't say anything, he just gave Erwin a look before he went out as well to follow you. He didn't know you'd be gone that fast that Levi lost sight of where you went. But after a while he found you near the forest, just behind the stables.

You were sitting there, back against the tree, hugging your knees with your head lowered down. Judging by your lack of response when Levi got near, he knew you didn't know he's standing there. At least not until Levi crouched down and his hand went up to your head.

You tensed up a bit before you relaxed, knowing fully well how his touch feels like.

"You're upset?" Levi said and you nodded. "With me? With Erwin?"

You didn't say anything, head still lowered. Levi let out an inaudible sigh before he sat beside you and let the silence linger around for a few more seconds. The breeze felt cold, the night fast approaching. The sky is painted with orange hue and purple value, making it the perfect abstract on a clear blue canvas.

Levi thought you wouldn't choose to speak, until he heard your voice, a bit muffled as your head is still lowered down.

"I'm not upset with you or with my brother," you started. "I'm just...upset."

That you lost your Squad. Every expedition outside the walls, there were always casualties. Those who came back injured, losing a limb or an eye and those who were not able to return. You have been with your Squad for a while and they were the ones closest to you in the Scout. But with this expedition, you don't know if you're going to see them all again.

"I'm upset because I know my brother's right," you said, finally lifting your head to look at Levi. "I'm just a liability now."

Levi saw the unshed tear on your cheek, he knew you'd cry. Because when you cry, you usually hide yourself away from people.

"I wouldn't say Erwin's wrong when he said that." Levi's hands went up to cup your face, his thumb brushing the unshed tear. "But don't ever think that the cause of it is that kid."

Your eyes widen a bit, gaze traveling down. Were you unconsciously thinking about that? That you wouldn't be a liability if you weren't pregnant? Suddenly, you felt something warm flooding your eyes until tears started to flow again.

Your shoulders started to tremble and instinctively Levi pulled you closer to him. His hand at the back of your head, your face buried on his chest.

"I'm sorry," you muttered, letting out a cry as your hand grip his jacket. "I'm sorry for thinking that I became a liability because of you."

You felt Levi's hand rubbing your back, the very gesture that calms you down as your cries subsided and so do your tears. You stayed like that for a while, as the sun set behind the walls. The sky that was a mixture of orange hue and purple value slowly became obsidian black with glowing white dots flickering once in a while.