Chapter 7: An Unexpected Friend

The photo above has nothing to do with the chapter except that it's Franky. I thought it was a pretty funny pic of Franky boy so yeah.

Franky, Franky, Franky. I chanted to myself over and over. The jump from Iceburg's bedroom was painful, I was too weak to use moonwalk, so I was able to catch myself with a tiny breeze. The sky is dark the waves are getting bigger. My goal was to get to Franky's "secret" base. Both Iceburg and I knew where it was. I also knew their secret, it was one that I kept from the CP9. Franky and I became quick friends after a few dealings I had with him. Before Iceburg found out, I would give the Franky Family any extra wood we had from a ship for a good amount of beri. But when Iceburg found out, he forbid me to contact the Franky family anymore. But I still did, but on the sly. Plus, by the time Iceburg found out, I was named honorary little sister by Franky. I snapped out of my thoughts as I felt a pain in my head. I put my hand up to rub through my hair and felt something wet and sticky. I felt woozy, but I knew that I was really close to Franky's location.

Panting as I got to the door I barged in. Kiwi and Mozu looked up from where they were standing. I staggered and fell to my knees the door behind me wide open. Franky stood up," Bro help me out here." I didn't know who he was talking to until I saw a familiar long nose kid. Franky walked over to me, I grabbed his shirt a pulled him close to me. "Franky, they are after you, you need to take everyone and get out of here, it's bad enough that Iceburg might-" I started sobbing. "Woah, sis, first thing is who is after me?" Ussop had closed the door and we were at this point sitting on the couch while Kiwi tended to my wounds. They were not too deep so they were more like scratches. Except for my head wound, that one took a while. So after I explained everything to Franky, my true story, my once affiliation with CP9, and how I wanted to get away from everything. Ussop told his story to us, it pained me to hear what both him and his captain was going through. But my tears were dried up and I was dehydrated. After some time of chatting, there was a knock at the door. "Bro, it sounds like we got visitors." Kiwi said. The Square sisters then got up and went to the door. I look at Franky and Ussop having an argument over The Merry Go, I realized who would be at the door, but it was too late to warn them. I went to the water and activated my devil fruit and dove into the water. I had a bubble of air around me to keep the water away. I knew their next stop was the sea train. I checked to see what was going on. CP9 was here, they were busy with Franky, so I jumped out of the water and quick went behind Ussop. I locked eyes with Kaku and at the last second, Ussop in tow I leapt into the water, activating my devil surrounding us with air once again.

The water was dark and wild. We stayed under for quite some time. Ussop had passed out when I had jumped in so I couldn't ask him anything about this Nico Robin. When we surfaced, I realized we were close to Galley-La. I dragged Ussop out of the water and dragged us both to the entrance of Galley-La. What I saw next almost left me absolutely devastated. Fire poured out from all the windows, faithful workers doing the bucket line, But the water they were using wasn't enough. I put Ussop under a tree, he was beginning to wake up. "Stay here no matter what." I said. Then, turning, I grabbed my bandana out from my back pocket and soaked it. "Miss Emma, what are you doing?" Lulu asked me. I ignored him, put the wet cloth around my face and ran into the fire. Any sound of protesting from workers who recognized me was sucked away from me. There was no moisture in this air, so I couldn't summon any water to douse the fire. So, I climbed my way up to Iceburg's room. The stairs were burning and breaking with the touch of a feather.  I carefully climbed my way up and a the last step, I carefully put my whole weight onto it and went for the platform, but there was a crack and I fell through. I yelped in pain and grabbed the ledge. 

Once I pulled my self up, I limped to Iceburg's door and flung it open. Paulie and Iceburg were tied together as the flames licked at their feet. There was a reindeer wearing a pink hat and Nami beside them covered in rubble. I went over and used my devil fruit to lift the debris off them. The reindeer staggered out from the rubble and I placed Nami, Iceburg, and Paulie on his back. He looked at me and I shake my head no. He understands and leaps out of the window. My leg is badly burned and scraped from falling through the stair and the wound on the back of my head opened back up. I fall to my knees as the flames lick my feet. I deserve to burn here, then all this pain would go away. Yes, no more pain, no more secrets. But then I thought of all my friends, the Strawhats who lost a beloved crew member to CP9, and the adventures I used to daydream of. I get up with great determination in my eyes and stagger to the window. Everyone is looking at Iceburg and the others, I close my eyes and leapt off the window ledge for the second time that night. Then, everything goes dark, back to the sweet darkness...

Hey everyone! This chapter is probably the longest one I have written yet, and hopefully the rest of my chapters will be like this. I hope you enjoyed it! Vote and add to your library! If you have any ideas for the future, comment below! Until the next update! Toodles!