Chapter 5: Assassination Denied

It was a humid, breezeless night. But since I had the power to, I created a breeze to flow through the town of Water 7. As the breeze ruffled my hair, I stared out at the starless night. Something  is going to happen tonight, I could just feel it, but I didn't know what or when. It was a quiet night.... too quiet I thought. I turned from the window and grabbed my dagger from inside my combat boots. It was a simply beautiful dagger, given to me from Kaku for my 10th birthday, a year before coming here, it is my treasure and my prized possession. I turned back to my window to watch something far out in the distance, it looked like a fight was going on. Once the Strawhats found out that their precious ship was unfixable, they were disappointed. One was more desperate than the others, that long nose kid, whose name is Ussop, the ship was given to him by a childhood friend. 

A soft click from my door pulled me out of my thoughts

A soft click from my door pulled me out of my thoughts. My door was locked from the inside, the only people who had keys was Iceburg and myself. I felt a breath breathe down my back, I flung around and held my dagger to the throat of my assaulter. "Kaku?" I said as I stared into his eyes. "W-what are you doing here?" I asked. "I'm sorry" he said. Before I could ask what he was sorry for, there was a sharp crack from behind me and a blinding pain behind my eyes. Everything was going black. I staggered back onto my bed, dagger still in hand, I was able to fling it into my boots before going unconscious.

Darkness everything was so dark, where was I? I moaned as I shifted, I felt a blinding pain in the back of my head. "OUCH!" I yelped sitting up. I wasn't in my room anymore, I was on a cot next to Iceburg's bed. He turned to me, I gasped. There were bandages around his head, neck, and chest. How long have I been out? I thought to my self, I tied to speak, but my tongue was heavy and dry, it was like my tongue had swelled 20 times it's normal size. "Don't try to talk Emma." Kaku says, walking into the room, followed by Paulie, Lucci, and Lulu. I widen my eyes at him as he came up to me and hugged me. "I thought you we're going to die sis." Kaku says looking at me. I glared and shove him away. " You have been out for quite some time." the doctor says, turning to me, Iceburg just recently woke up as well. "What happen to him?" I was finally able to rasp out. He was shot, 2 times in the front and 3 times in the back. My eyes widen, this was the work of CP9, I knew it, before I opened my mouth to say something, Kalifa jumped in "Iceburg said that Nico Robin was the person who shot him." I knew otherwise, but I kept my mouth shut.

After everyone left, I heard the weather report

After everyone left, I heard the weather report. Tonight was Aqua Laguna, which is why it was so windy when I woke up. We sat in silence, my thoughts swirled in my head. Why did they try to kill me? Was I no longer important for CP9? I thought these people that I lived with since I was 6 loved me like siblings, but I guess that's not true, nor will it ever be. A crash from outside pulled me, Iceburg was lying on his side so I got up and went to the window and looked out to Dock 1. There was like a three way fight going on out there. Luffy was fighting both Franky and the 5 foremen of Dock 1. This was going to end badly for him, I thought. All of the sudden, I was dizzy black spots appeared before my eyes, I staggered to my bed and collapsed into it. Then the darkness enveloped me into it's sweet, sweet embrace.

Hey guys! Another update has arrived! I hope this story is good in your opinion! Please comment down below if you have any good ideas! Add to your library and vote! See you at the next update!