61 Shake What Your Momma Gave You

Start from the beginning

                  +++++++

     "It won't be that bad" my ass! Pictures are awful! Raleigh and I have been posing for the past hour and the photographer is still telling us that we need more. Why did I pay so much for this idiot? I know how many pictures is enough and we are way past that point! I don't know how much more I can handle this.

      "Okay, now Liam wrap your arm around Raleigh and dip her down for a kiss and Raleigh hold your bouquet in front so you block the kiss!" The photographer instructs and I have to grit my teeth to hold back my irritation. We've done at least ten photos of me dipping Raleigh and kissing. How many more do we need?! Is that many of the same pose necessary?! But I don't say anything because Raleigh seems happy and I know she really wanted these to be done professionally.

      "Okay, anything else that you want to do?" The photographer, Eloise asks and I mumble "To go inside and enjoy my reception". She doesn't hear me but Raleigh elbows me, so I know she did. I shoot her a look of "what" and she must rolls her eyes at me.

      "Alright, I'll get more of everyone as the night goes on! Have fun everyone!" Eloise says as she starts packing up her stuff. Some other people in the bridal party help too, but I grab Raleigh's hand and start walking towards the reception area.

      "Liam, we can't be announced until our bridal party is! So I don't understand the rush." Raleigh reminds me and I groan. This whole process is fucking annoying but Raleigh really wanted a big nice wedding and I guess I did too. It's just so much more work than I thought it would be. Even after all the stress of planning it; being here is almost worst. But looking at Raleigh's smiling face and seeing the joy in her eyes, I know it's all worth it. Yeah, this sucks and is annoying but I got to marry the woman I love the most in the world and nothing can compare to that or even ruin it. And soon I'll get to have my first dance with her and it'll just be the two of us spinning on the dance floor.

Once everyone is up the stairs to the entrance of the reception, we all line up so the DJ can announce everyone. I don't pay attention to the order, I just hold Raleigh's hand and grin at her, happy to be married to her. She's finally mine by law. She's all mine. I kiss her hand and lean my head on her shoulder which isn't as far down as usual due to her heels.

       "And now for the moment of truth! Help me give a warm welcome for the first time ever...Mr and Mrs. Williams!" The DJ announces and everyone cheers as I hold Raleigh's hand and we go out, waving at our friends and family. Once the cheering dies down, the DJ speaks again.

      "Alright, alright, let's get this party started! Enjoy some hors d'oeuvres and some drinks, dinner will be served momentarily."

      Raleigh and I go to our table as everyone congratulates us and we give a few hugs. Our table is decorated with fairy lights (like all the other tables) but ours also has a sign that says "Mr. & Mrs. Williams". Then there's the candles in a cylinder vase glass thing that has flower petals floating in it with the candle on top. Raleigh really liked them so we decided to go with them. Happy wife, happy life, right?

     I help Raleigh sit down, careful not to step on her dress or have the chair or table get caught on it. She takes off her veil and puts it on the little stool thing next to her. Delilah had said that it was a good idea and at the time I thought it was weird but now it makes sense. Raleigh sets her bouquet with her veil too.

       I hold Raleigh's hand under the table as I look around at our beautiful reception. There's fairy lights hanging up all around the cottage/barn thing. I don't even know what it's called; Raleigh picked out the location and we were going for fantasy forest or something like that so here we are. Our fruit table is all set up with fruit statues of animals like birds, deer and whatnot.