Part 8: Here Comes Trouble

The next day, Samuel and Ashlyn sat beside each other on the sofa.

"Wow, you're good at French braiding." Ashlyn said, feeling her hair.

"Yeah. One of my hidden talents." Samuel said.

"Okay. Let's get back to our story." Ashlyn said.

They opened up their journals to continue their stories. They were exchanging ideas and Samuel started writing on the paper. It wasn't until they were interrupted by Little Larry, who walked up to the window and knocked on the glass.

"Samuel? Samuel?" Little Larry whispered.

"What?" he said.

"Let me in. I left something in your closet." Little Larry said.

"What were you doing in my room?" Samuel questioned.

"Beckett told me I could hide something in your closet." Little Larry explained.

"No, you're lying. Beckett knows it's not safe in this house." Samuel said.

Little Larry opened up the window and climbed into the house.

"Geez. Come on in." Ashlyn said.

"You're Ashlyn, right?" Little Larry asked her.

"Yeah." she responded.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Little Larry." he said, then grabbed her hand to shake.

They walked into Samuel bedroom. Little Larry went looking in the closet.

"Whoa, whoa. What are you doing?" Samuel asked.

He couldn't find the shoebox on the top shelf, where he left it.

"No! No, come on." Little Larry said franticly.

"What in the world are you doing?" Ashlyn asked.

"Where is it?" Little Larry asked them.

Then, he pushed Samuel against the wall and punched him. Ashlyn attempted to stop the fight, but Little Larry punched her in the stomach, which knocked the wind out of her.

"Ashlyn!" Samuel cried.

Right on cue, Beckett walked in on the fight.

"Where's my money?!" Little Larry shouted.

"What are you doing? You left money in this house?" Beckett questioned, pinning his friend against the wall.

"Unbelievable." Samuel gasped.

He then went down to Ashlyn, who held her stomach and tried to get air in her lungs. The four of them looked over the house for the shoebox. The last place to check was Warren's bedroom. They came up empty at every turn.

"Crap! He's out spending counterfeit money all over town right now. We are so screwed!" Little Larry said.

"Whoa, whoa. Counterfeit?" Samuel questioned.