Sitting in my room, I gazed into the blankness of the world around me. How everything looks tasteless when it absolutely shouldn't. I suppose that's just a downside of living in a more southern town like this.

But just then, an abrupt knocking began at my door, causing a million possibilities to pop into my head.

Opening the door, was none other than Cherry Valance herself. Her coat was still on her shoulders, the flakes of snow still evident. She must have been too gracious to accept the offer of Kristy taking her coat.

"Oh really, I'll only be here a minute." Rebecca could picture her saying.

"Come on, you can't keep hiding like this. This is no way to live."

"I'm grounded, I couldn't go out if I wanted to."

Cherry rolled her eyes. "You and I both know you're lying."

I hated how much I showed to her, for now she could see right through me.

Cherry sat on my bed next to me with urgent eyes. "Please, I need you. We all do."

"We?"

Cherry then grinned, unsure of what Rebecca has made come over her. Why she feels so spontaneous, so giddy at the thought of defying her parents. The idea of doing acts she never dreamed of doing. It made her feel free from the cage that has surrounded her for her entire life.

"How about, you come along with me and I'll show you." She then extended her arm for Rebecca to take, leading thousands of questions to pop into Rebecca' head.

It was almost like an invitation, an invitation to demoralizing happiness that she didn't know how to define. So often people say we don't have a choice, but in this moment, she did. She had many choices, but two distinct ones that stuck out to her specifically.

She abandoned every thought of logic, taking her arm and allowing Cherry to lead her away.

Cherry drove them to a disclosed location, one she said was "The Spot." According to Cherry, this is where she gathered girls to all share their personal experiences. For once in her life, she almost felt pride in what she did.

"It's a pretty banged up spot, but we didn't have any options, you know?"

Banged up was right. The place was as big as an apartment living room space at most. The walls were slack and a deep shade of brown, leading this closing in feeling to surround them. Blistering walls were evident on every side, along with rough looking furniture that the girls almost didn't want to even touch. They had to keep it hidden, so it was in a secret abandoned house. But as much as it may not be fancy, Rebecca could feel the strength radiating from the house.

She stepped inside, along with Cherry, immediately catching sight of around five girls. Not much, but they could work with that number.

They smiled politely when they saw them, almost out of obligation. It was almost as if they were stuck on what exactly they were supposed to say.

"I think we should cut to the chase." Rebecca blurted out.

Cherry gestured for Rebecca to take the floor. Rebecca gazed at the girls around her, unsure of what exactly she should say that would inevitably change their lives. She couldn't mess this up, she couldn't. She cleared her throat, knowing what to say, but at the same time so unsure.

"How many of you have ever felt uncomfortable at our school, due to a man?" She started, shifting her eyes to the girls that sat uncontrollably.

Everything was quiet, you practically would have killed to have at least done something.