"Very good, Alina! Keep going, just a few more seconds." Violet praised through her screams. Alina was sure that she had awakened the entire countryside by this point but she couldn't bring herself to care. She slumped back against Anthony out of breath, her body shaking much more violently than before and as she repeated the process twice more she could feel her strength diminishing. "I need you to keep going, Alina. I can see the baby so you can't stop here."

"So tired." Alina replied, the edges of her vision beginning to darken and her pants much quicker than before.

"I know, sweetheart. But your baby needs you, just give me one more big push it is nearly over." Violet said, trying to keep her talking, she could see how much of a toll this was taking on the young girl but the mother of eight new better than to call attention to it.

"Lina, just one more then we can hold him. Let us count together okay?" Anthony spoke softly into her ear. Alina barely nodded and took a deep breath and tried to push as hard as she could.

"Very good! Keep going, just like that. A few more seconds." Alina couldn't hear the room around her as her own heartbeat filled her ears. She couldn't hear Violet's encouragement or Anthony counting behind her. Suddenly, as if the world had stopped, all of her pain almost vanished and to Alina it came deathly silent as she couldn't even hear her own breathing until finally, she heard it.

His cry. 

The entire room sighed in relief as the newborn's cries filled the room and finally violet let her own tears finally fall as she held the baby. She sniffled and looked up to Anthony and a drained Alina. "It is a boy." She announced. The maids rushed over and made sure to clip the cord and began to clean the baby.

"Wait, where are you taking him?" Alina asked, scared that something was wrong, that she had done something wrong.

"They are just cleaning him, dearest." Violet soothed.

"Be careful, he's really tiny." Alina prompted keeping her eyes locked on the small bundle. Anthony chuckled softly as the now cooing baby was brought over to them and placed in Alina's arms.

"He's okay?" Alina asked, her voice horse and soft as more tears gathered at the sight. "I didn't hurt him?" Alina looked down and was amazed at how tiny he was, his hands were just big enough to hold on to her fingers and her eyes blurred as her tears continued. He was truly beautiful. Alina looked up to her husband to hee his own eyes staring down at their son. "Do you want to hold him?" Anthony looked to her then back to their baby then to her again then nodded. Once he had moved out from Alina and sat beside her, she carefully carried the baby over.

"He's so small." Anthony mumbled moving the small blanket to fully see his face. His heart swelled and almost felt too big for his chest and he was overcome by a very foreighn feeling and he hoped that it would never go away. Alina finally leaned back in her pillows as the maids cleaned the room and made sure that the bleeding had stopped. Suddenly the door opened and the doctor huffed out of breath as he looked around the room.

"Ah, I see most of the work has been done. Allow me to just check over mother and baby." Alina frowned and watched as the man sat in front of her and waited to open her legs. She sighed and allowed the doctor to do his exam of her and once he was done she quickly covered herself with the new sheet that was provided, however her eyes stayed on the man as he took the baby and made sure that he was alright. Finally her son was placed back into her arms and the room emptied, leaving the new parents and the doctor." You have lost a good amount of blood, however I do not see any signs of hemorrhage or tearing. Make sure to stay in bed and rest for the next week or so. As for your little lord, he seems quite well. I will come and check on him in a few days and every week or so until he is stronger." Alina nodded and turned her tired gaze to her son, sleeping so soundly. She was so lost in her child that she hadn't realized that the doctor had left and she and Anthony were left alone for the first time the entire night.

"Are you alright?" He asked softly, coming to sit right next to her.

"I am. I feel like if I were to look away from him even for a moment he will disappear. After all the pain, feeling him move in me for months I have never been so happy. He was definitely worth everything." Anthony moved his eyes from his son and up to Alina. She had never been as beautiful as she was in that moment, holding something that they had created together.

"Have you thought of a name?"

"I have." She replied simply watching as the baby's eyes fluttered open as he scrunched his nose. Once she saw his dark blue eyes open she knew that she made the perfect choice in his name. Looking up to her husband, Alina smiled. "Edmund Bridgerton." Anthony stared at her stunned. He had recalled the night that they laid in this bed during their honeymoon and he had told her of how his father had died and how close he was to the late Viscount. Judging by the timing of Alina's pregnancy he could assume that it was that night that they had conceived. Anthony placed his hand on her cheek and leaned forward, kissing his wife softly as to not hurt her or the baby but tried to pour all of his feelings into the kiss. Anthony finally pulled away and looked down to their son hearing him coo once more.

"Hello Edmund."