Chapter 6 - Everything Has Changed

3rd Person POV.

Today was a new day and the day that Brooke and Adrian finally decided to go public. They walked together hand in hand. Everyone already knew, but this was the first time that they weren't busy which meant they were going to have their first date... soon.

"Yeah... we know." Jake rolls his eyes as Adrian and Brooke announce it to the pack.

"We've been known since we like met you." Chelsea laughs.

"I'm surprised not more people know." Leo adds.

"It just... feels so weird to call her my girlfriend. I've been wishing for this for so long." Adrian smiles.

"I've been waiting forever for this one to ask me out." Brooke nods.

"I can't believe you guys haven't had a first date yet." Rebecca adds.

"We've just been busy." Brooke answers.

"Did you hear the news? A poor girl has been slashed. Her whole face." a girl at a different table says. All our ears perk up as we use our werewolf hearing.

"Did they find out who did it?" A boy asks.

"Who? More like what?" Another boy ominously says.

"Stop it. You're creeping me out." a girl says.

"Think about it, completely slashed young middle school girl deep in the woods. Unrecognisable claw marks. She was slashed up so bad she looked like spaghetti with teeth. Her parents couldn't even identify her." the boy adds.

"Could've been a man with a hook for a hand." another boy jokes around.

We all stop listening as Brooke stares at us confused.  "Sounds like a werewolf." Kevin adds.

"We saw another werewolf up in the woods. It might have been them." Jake adds.

"We see them, two weeks later a dead girl. Can't be a coincidence." Leo points out.

"Probably." Rebecca nods. "That's what Tyler and the other elders are trying to figure out."

"What's there to decide? We need to find them." Adrian adds.

"It's not that easy newbie." Kevin speaks up. "We need to decide what to do when we find them."

"Like?" Brooke asks.

"If we kill the,, or invite them, into our pack." Chelsea answers.

"Invite them?" I ask.

"Werewolves are a rare breed. Getting rarer as the years go by. We're being hunted more, exposed easily. Makes it hard to form packs. Also, it seems like werewolf children, a lot of them aren't experiencing the change. We're getting bred out of existence as well." Leo explains.

Brooke shifts uncomfortably. Adrian holds her in hand to comfort her. He never realised how she must feel to not be a werewolf knowing she could be one. Now he knew, he could be more supportive and hopefully try to make her feel as part of the pact as he can.

"Why would we invite a murderer to our pack?" Jake asks, making a very good point.

"Careful with that word. We've all done things we regret. It doesn't make us murderers." Rebecca adds.

"Let's just hope we figure it out soon. Before someone else is hurt." Adrian adds.

".... Isn't it kinda weird that we all werewolves, and we all got put into the same school." Jake adds.

".... Seriously?" Rebecca smirks.

"Can't say much for the bitten ones. But our parents made sure we'd stay together." Kevin adds.