08

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄

As soon as Hanma heard what Y/N said.

His eyes widened, and he looks at her who was looking at the sea from afar.

He smiled and said:

"If that's what you want, we can go there together" he stated and wiped another frosting on her face.

"Hey! That's not fair!" she wailed and chased him.

They were having fun, and the moon and stars sighted Y/N's 18th birthday. It was her happiest moment despite people out there dying because of the zombies.

Hanma took a photo of this moment using his eyes and mind. Her smile was everything to him.

"You should smile more often" he advised her.

He slows down his pace and stops to look at her one more time. Y/N also did the same and glanced at him.

"Maybe I should" she reconsidered what Hanma said and started to chase him again.

They kept chasing around and wiping frosting until Hanma admitted his defeat. Both of them agreed to stop by some place to rest and stay in the meantime.

For the rest of the week, they started to look for supplies that are needed to survive.

"Why do we even need to gather when we can just steal some food at Kyoto?" she asked.

"Stupid, what if there are zombies there?" he replied.

"We can just kill them" she shrugs.

Hanma shakes his head in disappointment.

"Tsk tsk" he said while the girl looks at him disgusted.

"You're acting strange, Shuji" she jokingly said.

"Am I?" he asked her.

"Yeah" she agreed.

Hanma filled the big bottles with gas as he thought about her words. His mouth was opened ready to call her name however nothing came out.

"Hey!" he voiced out.

"What?"

"Now that I think about it" he stopped as he sealed the big bottles and placed them in the trunk. He looks at her and said:

"You never told me your name"

"Oh? My name?"

"Yeah"

"I just feel I shouldn't tell my name to you" she turns her back on him.

"Why not?" he questioned her. "I'm sure I already had a special place in your heart"

'Him? A special place in my heart?' she stops.

"I'll tell you when I feel like it"

Hanma shakes his head as that was typical of her to say that to him.

They hit the road immediately when they both got inside the car. Y/N was still staring at the window and Hanma focused on the road.

'Too many trees' she counts the ones that they pass. 'This is boring, I wish I have my phone with m-'

She realized that she hadn't used her stolen phone except on the day of her birthday.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, Hanma took a glance at her.