"This is Takeshi. He's one of my wolf summonings," I explain as I dismount. I kneel beside Hisui as I examine her for wounds. "Are you alright? You're not injured, are you?"

"No. I'm fine—behind you!" Hisui cuts herself off as her purple eyes widen. I whip my head around just in time to see the Garasu clan member from before leap up out of the lake towards me, a glass sword in his hands.

"Shit!" I hiss but couldn't move fast enough. However, Takeshi was there and slams a powerful kick into the blonde man's side. The man grunts at the pain as he's sent crashing into a tree by my wolf.

Takeshi lands on the ground and bares his sharp teeth at the enemy. "I won't allow you to harm M' Lady!" He growls.

The Garasu clan member pulls himself to his feet and brandishes his sword. He lunges for the black, brown and white furred wolf who launches himself forwards to meet the man head-on.

Their bodies blur as they duke it out.

I remain beside Hisui protectively as we watch my wolf summoning battle the Garasu clan manner. I would sometimes see Takeshi attempt to bite the man, only getting him once in the arm.

There's a sudden yelp of pain from the wolf as he drops onto all fours.

"Takeshi!" I exclaim worriedly when I see his right side is bleeding. Takeshi attempts to attack the man once more but staggers due to his wound. I growl angrily. I jump to my feet and activate my Kekkei Genkai to make a dome of crystal around Hisui before I lunge for the man while unsheathing my katanas and casting the Misty Moonlight Jutsu on them, when I see he's about to strike my wolf again.

There's a couple of clangs as our blades connect. With a couple more vicious strikes, I throw the man away from me. He lands on his feet. "Don't ever harm my wolves!" I growl angrily.

We then lunge for each other and exchange vicious blows. I feel him stab my right shoulder as I deflect an attack. I grit my teeth and fight through the pain as I continue to deflect more attacks.

I jump back and do hand signs. "Wind Style: Hawk Bullet!" A hawk formed from wind shoots out of my mouth straight for the blonde man. It strikes his left side and he staggers, but rights his footing.

The man lunges for me and raises his glass sword. I go to block with my right katana but pain flares in my injured shoulder. I grunt at the pain and drop to a knee as I clutch my shoulder, which is bleeding profusely.

"Look out, M' Lady!" Takeshi warns. I look up to see the Garasu member about to slash his sword across my body.

I couldn't move in time as I brace myself.

Takeshi tries to come to my rescue but staggers and collapses due to his own wound.

"M' Lady!" Takeshi cries out fearfully.

Just before the Garasu man could strike me, there's a shout, followed by a grey blur:

"FANG OVER FANG!!" Kiba and Akamaru slam into the Garasu clan member. The force of the attack sends him rocketing backwards into the tree behind him. Kiba and Akamaru land before me as Hinata, Shino and Kakashi show up.

The Jounin puts his hand on my arm as he asks in concern, gazing at my injured shoulder, "You okay?"

"Yeah. Guess I just got a little reckless," I respond, glancing to him gratefully. "Thanks for the save." I hear a groan of pain behind me and whip my head to Takeshi as he collapses. "Takeshi!" I ignore the flare of pain in my own shoulder as I release Hisui from the Crimson Fruit and go over to my wolf, worry pounding my heart. I drop to my knees, examining his side wound. It was deep, but thanks to the training I've been getting from Hana, Kiba's sister who's a vet, I've gotten better at healing animals.