He stops the car at a halt and looks at me as he rolls down the window.

"I'll go.. but wouldn't Giovanni find out?" I question.

"Not unless you have a disguise, it will work".

I sigh.
"Fine whatever. When do we leave?" I ask.

He turns the car off and gets out.
"Tomorrow night. Giovanni has some business in Russia so he will be gone tonight until next week".

Russia... interesting.

"Ok fine, what about the disguise and all? Passport?" I ask.

"A guy of mine will make it quick for you. No issue, just need your photo and he can start. The disguise part will be handled tomorrow. Just start packing".

I nod as he goes inside. I follow behind him and close the door after us.

"Do you have a camera?" He ask.

I start to think and I remember that I took photography in high school.

"Yes, I'll go get it".
I head upstairs to get my camera. I search in my closet as I pull it off a high shelf that I kept in a small box.

I take it and head back downstairs. I hand it to him and he looks at me.

"Now go against the wall and I will take your photo. It's a quick process".

"Wait but if I have the disguise wouldn't they know?" I ask.

He shakes his head.
"The passport will have another name but it will have your face. Giovanni may be powerful but not that powerful. Not many know of you so you will be fine".

"But he will know if I came by ship?" I ask.

"Because a man named Mr. Rizzo owns the ship you came on. He's close with Giovanni, well sort of".

Ok I'm in the clear. My uncle will not rat me out... I would hope not.

"I guess I will just hope he doesn't say a word".

Even though Cassian said he cared, I can't risk him knowing that Mr. Rizzo is my uncle. It puts me and everyone he knows at risk with Giovanni.

He begins to take the picture and we finish. I sit down and I look at him.

"Why did you care?" I ask.

"Because even though I may seem fucking heartless at times, I do have a heart. I see a woman who lost her mother and father then forced into a marriage she doesn't want. I am risking my loyalty to Giovanni for you, a woman I hardly know but I do disagree with what he is doing. I may be by his side but I don't agree on every thing he does".

I nod.
Makes sense.

"Why risk it for me then?".

He chuckles.
"Because for some reason, Vivian I find you to be... different and it intrigues me. For many years I have ignored women, not because I found them unattractive but because I devoted my life to my work. Finding love is a distraction, one that I don't need right now. But you change that perspective. I—- want to protect you in any way that I can try. If you will allow me to?" He asks.

Never knew he felt that way. I did once find him intriguing and handsome. But Mikhail took my mind off him, maybe a bit.

Cassian and I never really talked as much but seeing him and his actions made me grow to want to understand him. Why he is the way he is?

Knowing that he found love as a distraction hurt me a bit. I, as a woman, always dreamt of finding true love but I was scared of leaving my mamma alone.