Rio clears his throat and asks "Think we could start again?"

Could we start again? I let out a sigh and finally looked at him, "No more sending people to my house or just coming in whenever you want. I like my space. I was bluffing to your friend when I said I had cameras in here, but I'll get them if I must."

He nods, agreeing to my terms.

"And I don't want those ladies around me either, so you deal with that how you see fit. I don't know if that one is really pregnant, but if we are in each other's lives by then I don't want to be around any switch offs."

He nods again.

"Alright, then. I guess we can, but we have to start off slow, Rio."

"Okay, Darlin'. I'll give you the reins."

I nod, smiling at the man.

Rio stuck around for a few more hours before heading out to do 'business'.

I spent the evening alone, just to hear banging on my door at 4 in the morning. I creep my way to the door, bat in hand. I look through the peephole to see Rio. I sigh, yanking open the door. He rushed inside and I closed it back, placing the bat against the wall.

"Rio, what's wrong? What're you doing here?" I ask.

"Mick called me, told me to meet him and Elizabeth. She was drinking, said she lost the baby. She thinks I'm an idiot, I don't know how she got the doctor to lie, but I know she wasn't pregnant." he ranted. "And now she wants to know how much would be enough to buy her life. She shot me three times and thinks she can just walk away." he paced back and forth in the living room.

I wasn't sure what to say. I mean I would be pissed too, but I don't know what I could or say right now to comfort him. I just let him pace and rant.

"How much?" I ask.

"What?" he stopped pacing and looked at me.

"How much did you tell her?"

"100G's."

My eyes went wide.

"She can't afford it, I know she can't."

So, he told her such a high number knowing she won't be able to stand a chance.

"Can I say something and you won't be mad?" I ask, crossing the room and sitting down on the couch.

He sits down as well and gestures for me to continue.

"This might be me taking too many psychology classes in college, but you seem to be more upset about the baby than her asking how she can save herself."

"What?"

"It seems like you're fronting that she would have the audacity to beg for her life. You've known her for a while now. I barely know her, but it doesn't seem like she would be the type to just roll over."

"She tried to kill me."

"Yes, but anyone would beg for their life. I think maybe deep down you might've been a little excited to potentially have another kid. Now, maybe or maybe not, you might not have been thrilled it was with her. And to know that she either lied or lost it makes you more angry than her begging to save herself."

"Nah." he said, shaking his head.

"You're telling me you didn't care one bit that this potential child was gone or never there to begin with?"

He looks back at me and doesn't reply.

"It's okay to care, you know? It's okay to be excited or passionate about something other than 'business', Rio. And it's okay to hurt."