Because you were fixed all along

Start from the beginning

Damn it. My pager starts going off. Sloan again.

'Yes I'm here, What do you need?'

'Book an OR and page Torres and Robbins' He shouts at me.

'Robbins is in surgery, so I'll page Karev.'

This was bad. I recognise this patient who is it.

'Dr Sloan, Can I um speak to you outside?'

'Avery, I don't have time' Come on Sloan pick up on the tone of voice and look.

'Okay, Karev take the patient to the OR while I deal with Avery. What is it that you need to maybe compromise this patient care?'

'Luna. Does she have a Dad? Or a family member?' Why does he have a look on his face like that?

'Yes she does but he's in England and pretty sure isn't allowed in the state'

'Does Axel ring a bell to you?' Why did his eyes go wide?

'Okay, Avery go sit with Luna. And page Dr Shepherd and Dr Grey to the OR'

'What why?' why is he acting so weird.

'Do it, Avery!'

What the hell just happened? First, he doesn't want me near her and now I have to watch her.

'Hey stranger' I say walking into Luna's room.

'I heard a super bad burn victim came in. Why arent you with Sloan?' She asks.

'I don't want my bad outcomes to go up you know, and I wanted to see you'

'Okay, that doesn't sound believable one bit. Lexie came to see me' Damn it, Lexie.

'She did?'

'Yeah, she told me you guys broke up. And she wasn't that upset about it I might say

'Wow, thanks' We both start laughing.

'Jackson, you are going to find the most amazing person and feel loved for every second don't you worry.' Yeah, that person is you.

'Haha thank you, Same for you'

'No, no I won't. I think that the world wants me to be alone forever. Nothing ever works out. Not for me anyways' She says which makes me upset to hear.

'How long you got out?'

'About a month I think, Well a month till I can fully operate again. But I'll be here doing charts and watching surgeries but not performing them'

'Damn Lu, I get you back to compete with and your already out of the running again'

'Yeah, but that does mean I can revise for boards without being swamped with surgery. So what's the real reason you keep on looking at your pager and look like there's a family member dead downstairs?' I sigh knowing I have to tell her.

'Um, Sloan sent me to sit with you'

'And?'

'Axel' I say. Just seeing her smile drop immediately.

'Who is he? He had your photo in his wallet'

'He was my fiancee back when I was I can't even remember, I met him after left for the army. I was young and naive and he took advantage of that. why is he here?'

'No Luna your fine okay? I'm here and I'm not losing you again. I'm not losing you again okay. He's in Surgery. And looks like he won't be awake for a few hours okay we can get him transferred. Okay come here' I get on the bed next to her and cuddle her to make sure she's okay.

General POV

'They are soo cute' April says leaning against the door and looking in to see Luna and Jackson snuggled together sleeping.

'Yeah they are' Lexie says walking past. All the residents watch her walk away when they realise that Jackson and Luna aren't just friends.

The attendings were stood in the conference room talking about the loss of a patient but also the loss of a person from Luna's past and how it could look if people from Axel's past knew Luna worked here.

'Okay so take her off the OR boards for a few months no one will know' Hunt says.

'Well she can't operate for a month anyway, but she doesn't know he's here so nothing can happen' Webber says.

'Avery does, that's how I know it was him' Sloan says making all the attendings look at him.

'Avery will tell her if he hasn't already' Derek says.

'Okay, so pretend like he was another patient that's what we are doing wrong here. He was a trauma. Move on from it.' Torres says which makes the rest of the attendings agree and leave the room.

'Mark, Derek please wait a moment' Webber says before they leave.

'Luna will need to be cleared for surgery and go to therapy three times a week' He says to the two surgeons.

'She's already in therapy, wait what is this about?'

'I just want to make sure she stops getting into these messes and ends up in a hospital bed okay' Webber says straightening his posture.

'Okay, but please don't bench her. Her boards are right around the corner and she has been working towards this okay. So she will go to therapy and she will be cleared. Its Luna... She has to' Mark says looking at both of the surgeons in the conversation.

'She is being treated like any other surgeon. And just so happens that with this it's before her boards' Webber says turning to leave.

But what all the Surgeons hadn't accounted for was what if Luna was no longer the Luna they knew. She had been too broken, used too many times and worst of all she was too used to having to put herself back together without anyone else.