~back to normality~

Luna's POV

It's been a few months since the shooting, and I've moved into Merediths with the rest of the Residents. It wasn't the best living situation but it was better than living by myself or with Mark. April and Jackson had moved in a few weeks after me so basically our whole resident year was living in the same house. I'd gotten close with Lexie and Jackson out of everyone. Meredith felt like my older sister even though I was older than her.  But they'd welcomed me into their weird dysfunctional family. The only thing I ever felt weird about was we saw each other all the time. But I just took time for myself like going for runs or going for a walk. It was also good for my mental health, it was a good way to end or start days off well. 

"Hey guys," I say walking into the kitchen.

"Oh why do you have so much energy at this time in the morning!" Alex Karev said moaning, he and Lexie had a big falling out after the shooting and no longer spoke which meant I tended to avoid him. Jackson smiled at me from across the room. And I automatically looked away. We were friends but I'd started to feel embarrassed about the way we first met and how I don't remember it. 

"Alex it's because I've been up since 5 am so it's not early for me anymore. Get your elbow off the counter" I say in very sassily.

"Guys anyone want a ride to the Hospital we are leaving in 5" Meredith announced coming into the kitchen. She looked like she was rushing like usual. I tried to squeeze past Alex who had his chair pulled out and then boom coffee all over me. I looked up to see Jackson and his half-empty cup and his eyes wide across his face. 

"I'm so sorry Luna," He said reaching for a paper towel to help wipe the coffee off the clean white shirt I was wearing. I tended to not wear shirts like that as I was a very messy person but no the one day I risked it, it got ruined. Without thinking I took it off over my head to wring it out in the sink and to leave it to soak. 

"Has Meredith left yet?" I asked while running the tap. 

When I turned around Alex and Jackson were just staring at me because I had no top on just leaving me standing in my bra at the sink. 

"You two are acting like virgins right now, have you not seen a girl without a top on before?" I teased. I found it funny, slightly embarrassing but who cares it's just my bra. 

"I'm so sorry ummm.... take my hoodie" he said taking his hoodie off and passing it to me. 

I looked at him before turning off the tap and pulling it over my head. 

"Thank you, Avery," I said awkwardly before running out the door and grabbing my bag on the way. 

I jumped in my normal seat of the car which was the middle seat in the back, and low and behold Alex and Jackson sat either side of me. 

"Sorry, If I was rude" I whispered to Jackson, he made me nervous. His hoodie smelt just like him. It felt homely and comfortable. A feeling I hadn't felt in a while. He smirked at me before turning his head to look out the window and he didn't seem to move his head from that position until we made it to the hospital.

The day wasn't going well as the first thing that happened when I made it into the hospital was a man throwing up on me. I had just made it out of the locker room. All I could think was thank god it wasn't on Jacksons' hoodie. 

"You're Late Shepherd!" Bailey shouted as I joined the rest of the residents as they were doing rounds. 

"Yeah a man has already thrown up on me" I said unamused.