Chapter Thirty - One

Lando

It's hard hiding secrets. No, it's harder proposing. I got a ring but now I need to pop the question.

My mind is in a million places.
Will she like the ring?
Will she say yes?
Fuck what if she doesn't?

We have been dating for so long and I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

I am not good at keeping secrets so every time Serenity asked me where I was going I freaked out. I didn't want it to seem like I'm cheating on her I was just nervous.

I asked Zel to help me plan the perfect place. Somewhere private yet romantic.

We planned that Zel will take her out for a girl's night out. I would say I'm going out with Max since he is visiting.

The truth is I was in a forest. Sounds like I'm about to murder someone but it's all for good reasoning.

They found an open place in the forest. Right next to it was a small stream and if you listing carefully you can hear the birds chirping.

We got big wooden letters with lights on that speed
"Will You Marry Me?"

There were fairy lights in the trees lighting t up and as a bonus there were fireflies and roses pellets scattered around. There was also a white tarp on the ground so when she woke up to me it will almost be like what's gonna be like when she walks down the aisle.

It was almost 9 pm Zel and Serenity should be here any minute.

I was making sure I got the ring in my pocket when I heard a big thump.

"Watch we're your going you stupid bitch" I heard Zel say.

"Well, I can't see because I'm blindfolded my god" serenity said in response.

Zel placed serenity right in front of the white tarp walkway and told her to take to her blindfold off in 10 seconds. She gave me a thumbs up and sprinted to her car.

Serenity
I took off the blindfolded and I was greeted by Lando standing by big letters that said

Will

My heart started racing

You

My cheeks turned red

Marry

I remember our first kiss

Me?

My eyes started tearing up

I ran as fast as I could to Lando and jumped into his arms. He kissed me and spun me around.

He broke free from our kiss and said
"So will you marry me?"

"Yes Lando yes thousand times yes," I said kissing him even harder.

He got down on one of his knees and pulled out a black box. He opens it up and it was the most beautiful ring that I have ever seen.

"It was my mother's ring I asked if I could take it," he said opening the box. He took my hand

"Serenity will you make me the happiest man alive and say yes to marrying me again," he asked

"Yes I will," I said with a tearful smile seeing how he placed the ring on my finger.

He stood up and kissed me. The feeling I felt was like nothing before. They broke apart and fireworks went off.

Lighting up the sky we stood by each other waiting for the next chapter.