The reason to this is unknown, but she grew her Instagram massively because of her 'Paddock Style' back when she used to work for AlphaTauri, it seems she'll be doing the same this season.

View all 291 comments

_

===

Out on the grid watching Max get ready I waved at the Sky Sports team who had wandered over with a microphone. Please don't ask me for an interview, please, I begged from inside, luckily Max pulled me to the side and spoke to me about the race strategies "We are sticking with plan A, but depending if it rains or not as currently it's a 50/50 we might go plan B but still have you in front of Sergio" I said as this morning, dark clouds had lingered over the track "Alright good" Max nodded and then put his helmet on before getting in the car.

Getting back to the pit wall I put my headphones on and asked Max to do a radio check. After everyone was cleared from the grid and the engines started, the formation lap started. Max pulled into pole and crept forward till he hit the line "Ok Max, everyone is on Mediums apart from the back lot cars which won't worry us. Lights out in 20 seconds, good luck" I said "Lets have a good race Quinn" Max said then focused on the lights above him.

Max's start was good, but not the best as he cut the corner into turn 1 allowing Hamilton to be up his arse "Max, rain is expected within the next 10 laps and should hit turn 12 first" I let him know "Ok, copy".

For the next 9 laps Hamilton and Max fought like there were going to be no more races in the season "Fuck sake they need to calm down" Christian breathed "Are the FIA not looking into this? Surely this can't go on for much longer" I said assessing the racing "An incident is going to happen soon, and let's just hope it's not Max" Christian then said.

By lap 20 the rain had arrived and some teams were ready to switch to intermediate tires "Max, how's the racing line?" I asked "Still dry, why are people switching?" He asked "Only the back markers are" I replied "Ok, understood" he said and shut off the radio so he could concentrate.

"Max pit for inters." I instructed "teams decision" I continued "Fuck sake, it's fine." "Box, box Max" I repeated "Fine" he fumed and dove into the pit lane.

Turning round to watch the pit stop, I was hoping nothing was going to delay it as Max was already pissed, and no doubt I'm going to get shit from him for it as the drivers like to pin it on their racing engineer.

The pit stop was decent as he was only stationary for 2.4 seconds. "Okay Max, everyone are on inters. You are now P3, Leclerc in front and then Hamilton in P1. You have 12 laps left" I told him "Okay copy". "Full focus now please. Let's go" I tried to get him going again, which worked as as soon as I turned off the radio Max started to gain and gain on Leclerc.

Max had DRS and was now trying to get in front of Lewis. He overtook Leclerc 3 laps ago and now has 2 laps to get Hamilton behind. "Push these tires Max, you have 2 laps left" I told him "Okay copy" he replied and then started to race on these tires like there was no more laps to race.

Sitting back into my stool, I watched Max try to over take Hamilton in the first DRS zone. "Fuck" Christian rubbed his forehead, Max was .827 of a second behind Hamilton so he got DRS for the second time in this lap, which is also his last chance at overtaking.

Going round the outside of the Mercedes Max had over taken Lewis "Well done Max, lovely over take. Defend till the end of lap" I said when he was going down the straight "Ok Copy" he replied once again.

===

"Congratulations Max, that's P1! Let's keep the season this way yeah?" I laughed as I spoke to Max on his cool down lap "You got it Quinn. As long as you stay my racing engineer we'll be golden" Max replied "Hurry up and park in first place will you. I've missed podium ceremony's" I beamed "Yeah got it boss" Max joked back.

Standing at the barrier, the sea of Red Bull shirts parted to allow me and Sergio's racing engineer to the front. Max jumped into his team of mechanics to my right and then searched for someone. Me. He was searching for me. The corners of my mouth curled upwards and my heart started to beat faster. Once he found where I was he came straight over and pulled me in for a hug "You did well Casanova, I'm proud of you" I said as he let me go "Thank you Cia. Come up with me on the podium?" He asked as someone from the engineering team has to go up to accept the constructors trophy. "Are you sure you don't want Christian to go?" I asked making sure "I all ready told Horner that I'm taking you up" he laughed "Fine" I smiled "Let's go then" Max pulled me up over the barrier causing me to yell his name as it was completely unnecessary as I could have walked round "You idiot" I hit his arm lightly "You loved it" he teased back "I've got to go do interviews, see you in 5" He than ran off before I could say anything else.

After being directed to the drivers cool down room, I was standing with Max, Charles and Lewis "Ah Lucia, congrats on your new position" Lewis said and walked over to give me a hug "Thank you" I smiled at the 8x world champion "Although you would look better in a Mercedes shirt" He teased "Oh yeah? You sure?" I replied knowing it would annoy Max "Yep. Hey I'm sure Ezralia would love you as her racing engineer. I can make it happen if you want" Lewis carried on the joke as he saw me laughing at Max after I replied to him "Send me an email later yeah?" I tried not to laugh as I saw Max's face get even more annoyed. Both Hamilton and I burst out laughing once we saw Max move back into his seat trying not to show he's irritated "You're both idiots" he snarled and got up to grab his P1 cap.

"First place, Max Verstappen of the Netherlands" the announcer said once it was Max's turn to walk out onto the podium "And the constructor Red Bull Racing!" He then continued which was my cue to walk out. Waving down to the rest of our team, Max jumped off his podium and put his hand out for me to grab whist I stood up onto my little podium.

After the national anthems it was time for the champagne, however all three of the drivers shoved it over me so I was soaking wet. "You little shits" I laughed "Come on Quinn we have to get the picture" Max pulled me up onto his podium and I stood in the middle of the three drivers, even though I was supposed to stand at the end, that's were Max placed me and that's where I stood.

Turning my head to look at Max, he looked down at me at the same time. Both drenched in champagne, looking like drowned rats, our heads moved closer together as we laughed and a fuzzy feeling washed over me, nearly knocking me backwards.

Snapping my head back to the crowed, I ignored it. Nope, that's Max Verstappen you can't got there.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Hey guys!  Let me know how you're liking this story so far :)
I personally LOVE Lucia & Max 🫶🏼

Thank you for reading! <3
-Grace