The fight

(Deena's pov)
Lunch just started and me and Sam are walking outside to the tree we always sit under with Simon and Kate.

"Sam, are you okay now? You were really freaking out when we had to do our presentation." I say as I walk next to her with a worried look.

"Yeah, I guess... I mean my body isn't shaking anymore." She says and we stop at my locker.

"Sam." I say getting her attention after I closed my locker.

"Yes?" She answers.

"You did great. I know talking in front of people isn't exactly your thing. I'm so proud of you." I say and then I give her a long hug.

It's true I am proud of her. She's been through such a hard life and I admire every single time she keeps fighting and trying.

"Thank you so much Deena." She says as she hugs me back tightly. "It means a lot."

We pull away from the hug and walk to the tree together as we sit down on the grass next to Simon and Kate. We didn't talk to each other yet about if we wanted to tell Simon and Kate about us so I kept quiet about it.

But suddenly there comes this dude walking towards us. I was confused at first but what he does next makes me jealous. He sits down next to sam and wraps his arm around her shoulder.

I can feel my face heat up with anger the moment he does that.

"Hey, Sam did you miss me?" He asks and Sam immediately shruggs his arms off her which makes me a little bit relieved.

"What the f*ck are you doing here?" Sam asks with an angry tone. I want to punch him so badly but I know that would make people suspect us.

"You really thought I was gonna let you leave me like that when you broke up with me because you were moving to this shithole?" He says with a laugh.

"Peter, I told you I never wanted to see you again!"

"I know you didn't mean that, Sam. You know you love me." He says and reaches his hand to Sam's face as she tries to get out off his grip and now I can't hold back anymore.

I get up and push him off Sam. "She told you to leave." I say as he also stands up.

"Deena Johnson." He says as he walks towards me. I don't know how he knows my name but I don't care either. "Who are you to tell me what to do huh?" He asks. And then I punch him right on his cheek. I punched him so hard that he fell back on the grass.

I hear Sam call my name and I turn to her. She was also standing now. Peter stands up again and wants to punch me back but Kate is fast enough to stand right in front of me as Simon holds peter back and Sam holds me back.

"I heard rumors about you, Deena Johnson." He spits at me.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" I scoff.

"Like you're nothing but a poor d*ke with a drunk father." He says which makes Sam want to punch him and go after him but I hold her back as she tries to get out of my grip.

"Sam, it's okay. He's not worth it." I say as she calms down.

"I will get you back, Sam. This isn't over." He says as he glares at us right before he leaves.

Sam turns to me and hugs me right away. "Thank you so much, Deena." She says softly.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I pull away with a worried look.

"Yeah, I'm fine now. Thank you." She answers but I'm still not convinced.

"He won't touch you again, Sam. I promise." I say.

"Okay, do you guys maybe have to tell us something or are we excited for nothing?" Kate asks and I know that she's asking if me and Sam are together.

I look at Sam silently asking if she's ready and she gives me a nod and smiles. I look around to make sure no one sees us.

"Yeah, you're right." I chuckle and look down at my feet.

"Holy moly I knew it!" Kate says with a laugh.

"Wé knew it." Simon corrects her and we all laugh and then hug together.

-
Deena this chapter

-Deena this chapter