The phone call

(Deena's pov)
Me and Sam both woke up when my alarm clock went off and I groaned as I realized it was already time to go back to school.

"Goodmorning." Sam chuckled as she saw me in a tired and grumpy mood. And because of that I couldn't help but smile at her.

"Goodmorning." I greeted back as I blushed at the girl next to me.

When we both got up I let her choose one of my clothes to wear. "Your clothes are so comfortable." She says. "My mom used to always control what I wear in Sunnyvale." She sighs.

"Wait, really? You weren't able to choose what you wore back then?" I ask as I feel bad for her.

"No. I actually wasn't either yesterday. So I took other clothes in my bag and changed as soon as I got into school. But I forgot to change again when I got home so that's also the reason why she was angry at me in the first place." She says with a sad tone.

I feel so bad for Sam. I mean what kind of a mother does she even have?

"Anyways I'm glad I'm wearing your clothes now because I really like them." She says as she gives me a soft smile.

She goes to the bathroom and changes into one of my red with black sweaters and blue mom jeans. As I change in my bedroom and wear a black jeans and a dark red shirt with a flannel.

I go downstairs and I join Sam at the table to eat breakfast. My dad comes in and is surprised to see Sam sitting at the table in front of me.

"Deena Johnson, do you mind telling me why there's a stranger in my house?" He asks me.

I told him that Sam was coming over but I totally forgot to tell him that she was also gonna sleep over after everything that happened.

"Oh, hey dad. This is Sam. Sorry, I forgot to tell you that she was gonna sleepover." I apologize at him.

"Okay, you know that it's always okay for me when a friend stays over but just tell me next time okay?"

"Okay, dad. I will."

Sam just sat there awkwardly at the table eating her breakfast.

"So, what brings you here in Sunnyvale?" My dad asks Sam.

"Uhm, I had bad grades in Sunnyvale and I had to move to another school. Also my mom was kinda ashamed of my bad grades." Sam says.

It took me by surprise that she had bad grades. I thought Sam would score really high in Sunnyvale. The phone rings and my dad immediately answers it since he's standing right beside it.

"Hello?" He says. "Yes, this is Deena's house." I hear him say and get confused why anyone would ask that. "Yes, Sam is here who are you?" He asks as he looks over to Sam. As I look into Sam's eyes I can tell that she knows who's calling and it's obvious that she's scared. "Sam, the phone is for you. It's your mom, she's worried." My dad says as he gives the phone to Sam.

Sam slowly brings the phone to her ear as anxiety runs through my soul. "Mom?" She says. Her mother is talking for at least a minute on the phone before Sam can answer her. By the fact that I can hear her mom's voice where I sit I can tell that she's yelling at Sam. "What why?!" She yells back. It is silent for a few seconds. "Okay." I hear her say with a soft voice as a tear falls down her cheek. "Can I talk to dad for a second please?" Sam asks but then her mom hangs up after she asked that and Sam looks with disbelief at the phone and then gives it back to my dad.

"Are you okay, Sam? What did she say?" I ask with worry as my dad leaves us alone in the room. Sam buries her face into her hands. "I'm not allowed to talk to you anymore." She says under her breath but I heard her.