#9

Emily pov

"Emily... Emily... EM!"

I awoke to Kori wearing a very pissed off demeanour roughly negative two inches from my goddamn face. It was like fucking Groundhog day in this room. Same face. Same expression. Today is Tuesday and. Never mind.

"Wha...?" I asked groggily, sitting up. "Where the fuck am I?"

Kori rolled her eyes. "You passed out in the car,

so you're in my bed. I brought over some clothes

for you, don't worry."

"Don't worry?!" I jumped off of her couch, suddenly wide awake, and threw frantic looks around the room. "Is Jed okay?"

Kori watched me carefully. "Of course he's okay... he was there when I went to get your stuff, anyway. Em, calm down, why wouldn't he be okay?"

I felt my cheeks turn red. Guessing I was still a little on edge from last night, I lied, "he freaks out whenever don't come home." I sat back down on the couch slowly, feeling my joints protest. "Don't we have school?"

She laughed. "It's Saturday, stupid."

"Oh, right." I settled back on her couch, exhaling. "I feel awful," I announced. " Do you have any plans for today, or is now the part where you tell me to fuck off?"

Kori shrugged, sitting next to me. "You don't have to go. I figured we'd go to the mall, maybe? Oh, your shit's in the bathroom, if you wanted to get changed..."

I nodded, knowing where her bathroom was without having to ask. I locked the door and proceeded to take a quick, hot shower.

Immediately, my thoughts went to the girl from last night. This had little to do with the fact that I was naked (well, okay, maybe it had a little to do with that) and more to do with the fact that my joints were still groaning and my fingers ached with her touch from last night. That girl... I wish I at least knew her name.

Scrubbing idly at my arms, I tried to ignore the thoughts, or at least treat them as if they were casual things. I'd made out with plenty of girls. Gone further than that, even. And surely, surely there had to be girls hotter than her...

I made a face when I caught the barest trace of my reflection in the clear glass of Kori's obscenely clean shower, scowling. Hotter, sure. But like... that? Definitely not. As much as I could choose to ignore it, the fact remained that there had been something very, very different about that girl.

"She's just one girl," I reminded myself, but that didn't help at all. Tears welled up in my eyes, but I shook my head. I had her phone. I would find her. But... what if she didn't want to see me? The thought struck like ice to my chest, freezing my scrubbing motions midway down my body. What if she had only been using me for a casual make out? It was plausible. What if she had been experimenting? Worse yet, what if she already had a girlfriend... or boyfriend?! I didn't know which was worse. It occurred to me that I very well might not care if she had either or both. This was some straight up fanfiction material shit and wasn't going to let that go to waste.

It was like I was in love or something.

Okay, so that was stupid. I mean, I didn't even know her name! But, then again, I had never met anyone like her. I didn't even care that her hair was my least favourite colour- it would be my favourite colour if she was around more!

I got out of the shower, sighing at my ridiculous thoughts, and got dressed, trying not to think about the places her fingers had brushed, the way she had. Hey. She groped my ass, didn't she? I got butt touched last night. I didn't know how to feel about that.