#5

Kori

Kori

Emily pov

"Jesus, Emily, book it, we're gonna be late!" I rolled my eyes at the faux-ghetto tone she was using. Kori Hemmington, the blackest asian I had ever met.

I came out of the bathroom and the lack of camera flashes was almost insulting. I looked great. Kori's frustration melted in to a smile, which was almost as good. "You look cool," she said.

I smiled. "Duh. You too, sexy, do a little spin for me."

She giggled and spun around, skirt twirling.

We got in the car, where Oliver was waiting and thumping some god awful tune on the dashboard, and drove down to the area the concert was being held at. At the entrance we all put our masks on. I thought it was completely weird and overrated that we had to hide our faces, but I didn't complain as I slipped mine on. It was sort of cool, anyway. In a geeky way.

We all went inside, gazes wandering. Teenagers crawled like a virus and I felt free suddenly, elevated. I wished Jed were here, my big brother who loved this music like I did.

While Kori was busy talking and gushing to Oliver, no doubt for show, I found myself a girl with short black hair and a white mask, and made conversation with the hunger of a predator. Hunting and flirting, it's all the same. I was startlingly sober.

Kori found me five minutes later and steered me away, apologizing to the girl whose name I hadn't even gotten the chance to learn yet.

"Hey, rude!"

"You're such a flirt, Em!"

I rolled my eyes. "Well duh, I mean, look at me."

Kori rolled her eyes again. "Wait here, I'll be back. Okay? Don't move." She gave me a warning look, and I nodded, trying not to grin. Don't move. Don't move... from where. Here?

As soon as she was gone, I wandered off on my own. I smirked at the thought of how she'd panic, and went to sit by myself on some hills down the back.

I didn't like to socialize, as such, because most of the people I met were assholes and there was no point in trying to do the sort of friendly companion making I liked best when Kori was around. She was like the Ghandi of all cockblock.

I found a promising looking shady hill and made my way towards it... and stopped, glaring.

Some bitch had already taken it.

Now was when I flipped my hair and strutted my shit in the opposite direction. Instead, I channelled my inner curse word dictionary. Fuck. Shit balls. Tits. I had really wanted to sit there.

I felt like calling out, 'yo bitch, find your own hill' but decided against it, folding my arms and glaring at her instead.

Normally I would just find somewhere else to sit in this situation... but this bitch had red hair. Red. Bleugh.

I trudged over to her, muttering a few swears to myself out loud like I reciting them.

"Hey, lady, I don't know if you're aware, but I kinda claimed this hill coming over..." My voice trailed off when she turned to look at me and I saw her face.

I thought to the animes, the fanfictions, the countless soap dramas. In times of immense trouble my spirit animal was supposed to aid me, maybe whisper in my ear, "heyyo emily, ur being a faggot stop that". Motherfucking doki. This girl was all kinds of yummy.

She had one earphone of her iPod in, and she was biting her lip and timidly looking at me. That was unfairly attractive of her and oh, now green eyes were searching over me, and I thought of countless possibilities with that face, dirty mind rolling in to action like it had been awakened from a good long thousand year nap. Those green eyes rolling back in to her head, glossy little lip that was currently worried beneath her teeth suddenly parting in wanton noises of inexplicable pleasure, hands searching and scratching and. She was staring. Oh. Her eyes were a dark green, and framed with thick lashes, though I couldn't really see her all that well in the mask she was wearing. I didn't know if it was mascara or not, but my mind was concerned with other things.

It said, Emily, now is when you entirely lose your fucking cool.

****