7. What college?

I'm walking to first period when I feel a pull on my waist, turning me to face him. I look into the eyes that confirm my thoughts of Mason being the one who grabbed me.

"Hi." He smiles down at me. "Hi." I reply back. He leans down and kisses me three times.  "You look pretty today." He says before we start walking again to avoid causing a commotion in the halls.

I look down at my mustard yellow cardigan, baggy ripped blue jeans, and black turtle neck before thanking him.

He walks me to my class, leaning down to hug me, then walks back the direction we came in to go to his first class.

My day drags on, waiting until I have a class with him.

I used to enjoy school for the simple idea of just being there instead of home alone, but he has made it much more interesting.

Every second, I spend wishing I was with him. And every second I'm with him, I dread leaving.

________________
I thought that missing him for a few hours or even a few days was the worst feeling of emptiness I could feel.

But it was far from it

_________________

"So, do you have any colleges picked out yet?" I ask him as I grab a pretzel from the bag on my desk.

"No." He flips a page in the book he grabbed off one of the shelves.

This is the third time he's come to see me at work in the past week. Noelle isn't to fond of him but I think he's growing on her.

"What about you?" He peers up at me. "I think I'm going to apply for Strasbourg." I mumble.

"Where's that? I've never heard of it."

"Paris." I say, his eyes widening. "You are planning on leaving?" He says with dissatisfaction in his voice.

I nod and get up from my chair to sort through some books.

"Yeah. I've been planning on going to stay with my family for a few years."  I respond.  "So your not planning on staying with me?" He questions.

"Were you planning on staying with me after high school?" I say in defense.

"Yeah I thought that was the point of a relationship. Stay together until the day you die. You don't usually want to break up."  He rolls his eyes.

I end the conversation by walking into the main room of the book store.

Mason rushes behind me, placing his palm on the small of my back. "Hey I'm sorry. I just think this is something we should talk about."

"Well we can talk about it later." I say sternly. "Fine." He agrees before turning around and grabbing his backpack.

"Im going to head out. Text me after your shift, okay?" He says.

"Ok I will. Bye." I say as he leans down and pressed a kiss to my lips.

Noelle walks through the door at the same time he leaves which causes her to huff.

"I still don't like him." She whispers, shaking her head.

"I know you don't, but I do." I stare out at Mason opening his car door through the glass window.

Noelle stays silent besides her quiet breathing.

I spend the rest of my shift sorting through books and loading new orders onto the shelves.

Before leaving the store, I send a quick message to Mason telling him my shift is over.

// Authors note:
I know no one's reading the authors note  but I literally haven't written anything in 2-3 months I think so I just want to post something. Sorry this is so short.